LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

mismatch shocks

Old 01-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
AZarchitect is on a distinguished road

AZarchitect's Tacoma Gallery
mismatch shocks

I recently purchased an 01 tacoma/v6/trd/sr5 and after further inspection noticed that the front shocks are mismatched. I am also now hearing a squeaky noise on the front end as I roll over speed bumps etc. Safe to assume this is the cheap looking shocks installed? Additional info: driverside shock with red sticker has NO taper(straight shock) / passengerside shock has a slight taper and is slightly larger. See pics

Also, will this affect the tread wear on tires?

I was thinking of taking to dealership and have them inspect everything .
Attached Thumbnails
mismatch shocks-driver-side-shock.jpg   mismatch shocks-passenger-side-shock.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
JasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JasperOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
That should not affect your treadwear in a noticeable way. If it drives fine, don't worry about it for now. If you notice a difference in handling or just strange handling characteristics at times, then i would recommend getting them replaced with a matching pair.