LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

all pro expo leaf spring help!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
DILIGAF
06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Name: luis
06sr5prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
all pro expo leaf spring help!

hey guys will be ordering my all pro spring soon "expo" and have a few question i have been reading alot but many guys have different set ups its hard to find the info i need.

i was planning on getting the kit with rear brake lines and u bolt flip kit.
however it seems i cannot use my stock bump stops. so i was on all pro site and the standard leafs talk about setting up with stock parts for warranty but nothing for expo leafs.

i plan on getting walker shocks for the extra travel but this is where my concern comes in. i was wondering if they come with bigger u bolts if you buy the leafs alone so you can use stock bump stops. also will i need limit straps? for 10" shocks which i think are the ones that all pro sells with them.

with the all pro u bolt flip kit you cannot use stock bump stops right?
thanks guys in advance and any tips or recommendations would be greatly apprciated
Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
I have my stocks bumps with the flip kit. They actually sit quit nicely right between the bolts and I just drilled a hole in the plate and used a bolt and nut to hold the bump. You could also tack weld the stock bump to the flip plate. So yes u can easily still use your stock bumps. As for the shocks, I'm not sure what length the walker evens are but that leaf pack yields 11" of travel, so to answer your question, a 10" shock would be the limiting factor in travel. In that instance, limit straps would be a good idea but imo not necessarily needed depending on what u do with your truck.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
DILIGAF
06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light

perfect man it was exactly what i was looking for. now you say that you ran a bolt and nut to hold the bump or you plate in place? would you happen to have a picture of this?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
DILIGAF

ok man thanks i really appreciate it so gow many bolts do you actuallt have that hold it down? from the pics i can imagine you have two. is that enough?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sr5prerunner View Post
ok man thanks i really appreciate it so gow many bolts do you actuallt have that hold it down? from the pics i can imagine you have two. is that enough?
I actually only have 1. I kinda didn't think about it till they were already on and I couldn't get my drill in on the other side. Lol but that one had been there for about a year now and I drive a lot on road and offroad and they are still there. Lol
Old 01-26-2013, 01:58 AM   #11
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
My understanding was the new bumps are intended to prevent the springs from going into a negative arch.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #14
smurf taco has a spectacular aura aboutsmurf taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
smurf taco's Tacoma Gallery
what exactly does the u bolt flip kit do? i understand it puts your bump stops on top of the leafs but whats the benefit to that? i know its a noob question but im just starting to scratch the surface on suspensions. (was always a lighting/wires kinda guy)
Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf taco View Post
what exactly does the u bolt flip kit do? i understand it puts your bump stops on top of the leafs but whats the benefit to that? i know its a noob question but im just starting to scratch the surface on suspensions. (was always a lighting/wires kinda guy)
it cleans up the underside of the axle tubes for a cleaner approch and look