Notices

AP Leaf Pack Shock Advice/Info

Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
crushsouls33 is on a distinguished road

Army: Military Police/Drill Sergeant
Name: Tommy
crushsouls33's Tacoma Gallery
AP Leaf Pack Shock Advice/Info

So I need some help/info on shocks. Ive researched all around the threads but most of the measurement stuff I dont understand or do Ihave the time to take things apart and measure. I have all the parts to install my AP standard 3'' leaf pack. After doing some research on here Ive seen that its not good to run Bilstein 5100's in the rear with them.

What rear shock could I run with the AP Leaf Pack without breaking the bank?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Measurements are about 16.5" compressed to 27" extended (with their flip kit and a 3" bump).......check around DSM's website for a match.

I'm running the RCD extended 5100's since they're numbers are perfect for those measurements but they suck at high speed wheeling which I like to do.

DSM has a few more options if you shoot them a PM.......9-10" will be about all that will work since the compressed length will be the issue!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Measurements are about 16.5" compressed to 27" extended (with their flip kit and a 3" bump).......check around DSM's website for a match.

I'm running the RCD extended 5100's since they're numbers are perfect for those measurements but they suck at high speed wheeling which I like to do.

DSM has a few more options if you shoot them a PM.......9-10" will be about all that will work since the compressed length will be the issue!

Thanks for the info. Any chance of using those same measurements without the flip kit?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The flip plate is about 1/2" thick so you'll likely hit bump stop around 16" instead of 16.5" but don't quote me on that......I'd measure to be sure!

Fox, king and Icon offer 9.5-10" travel shocks at roughly 15.5" compressed and 25 extended. Those would work but you're loosing down travel and risk over extending it (most likely if it extends quickly from jumps etc).
Old 01-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #5

Well tha is for all that awesome info. So you think for just basically highway and city driving I should check out the Bilstein's? I don't do any hardcore off roaring but maybe some mud or dirt trails.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #6

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
They compress to 16.38" (I think that's it without checking). Without the flip plate they be close to bottoming out. You could always wait until you can measure? For on road driving you should be fine though!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #7

Thanks a lot. Like I said, I'm just looking for that smooth ride up and down the road. Thank you for all the info.