Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks

Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
mxxdude has a spectacular aura aboutmxxdude has a spectacular aura about

Army: Military Police
Name: Brandon
mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks

New to trucks

It appears to be stock trd sport height... i basically want something i can just race around the desert with and not really worry about it...

I took some pictures and maybe you can help me about its all donhoe racing suspension but im not sure if its adjustable etc how reliable , if i can lift it up higher etc... Id love another 2 inches

so far i like the ride but i dont want to go race around on my truck or put it through hell if thats not what the suspension is capable off or made for
Attached Thumbnails
Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks-img_0834.jpg   Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks-img_0835.jpg   Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks-img_0836.jpg   Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks-img_0837.jpg   Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks-img_0838.jpg  

Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks-img_0839.jpg   Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks-img_0840.jpg   Please tell me what i have for suspension thanks-img_0842.jpg  
Old 01-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
First, you have coilovers that are maxed out on the preload. So you are not getting more lift from them. The uca is good with the uniball. The rear leafs look like a deaver or alcan pack which is good for mid travel. The rear shocks have resi's on them. I wouldn't be scared to beat on it some. I wouldn't take take 3ft whoops at 60mph though either. All in all its a solid setup for some intermediate off roading.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #3

mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
First, you have coilovers that are maxed out on the preload. So you are not getting more lift from them. The uca is good with the uniball. The rear leafs look like a deaver or alcan pack which is good for mid travel. The rear shocks have resi's on them. I wouldn't be scared to beat on it some. I wouldn't take take 3ft whoops at 60mph though either. All in all its a solid setup for some intermediate off roading.
thanks if i wanted more travel and make it a little more aggresive would the rear handle it if i upgraded the front a little more?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yea the rear is pretty stout man. Unless you get a bed cage and make it long travel that is about as good as you are going to get. You could run some nice kings or fox's with resi's in the front for a nice ride. Unless you spend some serious money and go LT in the front you are about as good as you can get. Maybe gusset the spindles and shock mounts. TC makes stock length control arms but they are pricey, very pricey. LT in the front you would have to extend your drive axles.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
- Looks like DR coilovers in the front (basically same as Icon 2.5 COs) and they appear to be maxed out on the lift (around 3 inches).

- Looks like Total Chaos UCAs.

- Looks like Deaver J66, 10 pack rear leaf springs. They give a great ride, but only 1.5 inches of lift.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #6

mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Yea the rear is pretty stout man. Unless you get a bed cage and make it long travel that is about as good as you are going to get. You could run some nice kings or fox's with resi's in the front for a nice ride. Unless you spend some serious money and go LT in the front you are about as good as you can get. Maybe gusset the spindles and shock mounts. TC makes stock length control arms but they are pricey, very pricey. LT in the front you would have to extend your drive axles.
thanks alot man, and yeah thats kinda what i figured but since im new to trucks just wanted to make sure, so far it feels pretty good, i think the next upgrade will be slowly converting it to LT but im not sure seems like my setup is exactly what i wanted
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
front and rear shocks area at least 4 years old if they say DR (donahoe racing turned into icon)

and yeah, looks like total chaos Uca's. Pretty solid build there, I doubt you'll have issue. You can always get them rebuilt for waaaay cheaper than buying brand new, which you should consider anyway with its age depending on mileage. I believe they can rebuild and add extended travel to them to get you more lift.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #8
The extended version from ICON doesn't give you more lift. It will give you about 3/4" more droop.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #9

mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
front and rear shocks area at least 4 years old if they say DR (donahoe racing turned into icon)

and yeah, looks like total chaos Uca's. Pretty solid build there, I doubt you'll have issue. You can always get them rebuilt for waaaay cheaper than buying brand new, which you should consider anyway with its age depending on mileage. I believe they can rebuild and add extended travel to them to get you more lift.
well the truck only has 53xxx miles on it so i think there good all the suspension components look good as far as bushings and bolt torque and leaks or anything good

but i will definitely look into the extension because i would love a little more lift and possibly travel
Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxdude View Post
well the truck only has 53xxx miles on it so i think there good all the suspension components look good as far as bushings and bolt torque and leaks or anything good

but i will definitely look into the extension because i would love a little more lift and possibly travel

You won't get more lift. The threads are almost maxed out. The length of the shaft has nothing to do with how high it will make the truck sit. You get lift from the spring rate and length.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #11
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^True. You will get more travel, and perhaps they could load a heavier spring under it as well in which case you would see an increase in ride height I'll wager. I believe Icon will go up to a 700#
Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
^True. You will get more travel, and perhaps they could load a heavier spring under it as well in which case you would see an increase in ride height I'll wager. I believe Icon will go up to a 700#
Yea but you don't want to jack up the rate of the spring if you are not adding extra weight to the front. It will ride like a pogo stick ha. I would just stick to running a 650 spring without a sway bar on some rebuilds valved for what driving you plan on. If you are set on more front lift they make a 6" kit as well. Most guys will flame you for thinking about that on here though. These trucks just don't need to be that high. 3" is plenty high. 4" spindles on the 2wd truck is popular so you don't have to preload the coilovers.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #13
Purveyor of Fun

I wish we could do spindle lifts in 4WD. But then I remember that I have 4WD and spindle lifters dont