Notices

TW Need Your Help

Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
I am lost on what to do.
shrek is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
shrek's Tacoma Gallery
TW Need Your Help

Ok so my wife and I have this conversation about lifts on trucks. She informed me that I don't need a lift, and that lifts are for high school kids or young adults.

So here is my question to show her up: How many men on here that are over 35 have a lift on your truck. And please anyone else please speak up as well. Your opinion matters too. I am just trying to prove to her that lifts are for everyone, no matter how old you are.

Thanks in advance for your support.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Remember, it's a suspension upgrade that makes it sit a little higher. I'm 48 and about to UPGRADE my 2012.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Happy birthday SpruceTaco!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
Econrecon is on a distinguished road

Econrecon's Tacoma Gallery
40 years old and lifted...
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
rtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to all

Name: Becky
rtrudel35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
Ok so my wife and I have this conversation about lifts on trucks. She informed me that I don't need a lift, and that lifts are for high school kids or young adults.

So here is my question to show her up: How many men on here that are over 35 have a lift on your truck. And please anyone else please speak up as well. Your opinion matters too. I am just trying to prove to her that lifts are for everyone, no matter how old you are.

Thanks in advance for your support.
She sounds like my dad. I'm a 30 y/o chick and looking to lift it when the funds become available.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
Im 32 and bought a lifted Tacoma (3") back in august. Luckily my girlfriend is from Florida and was cool with it, and defends me when my buddies wives roll their eyes. She gets it though, and I love this truck. Even if I bought it stock, it would've been lifted soon after.
Im sure your wife will understand when she sees the finished product!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Patrick
pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
18, but I look at it like this: when I put my 2.5" lift on this summer, I plan on having this truck until I'm 30 so that should mean something.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
What? Can't she jump?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
33 in febuary only about a 2" lift due to my needs/wants and a few surgeries................now u can get some nice sliders too, and tell her it was a purchase for her....middle ground, YOU get a lift

SHE gets sliders....I mean steps.....yeah, let her call them steps.

Win win
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
40 here and have a 6" kit.....and wanting some more. Wives! Mine is always complaining about me spending $$ on the truck.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
39 and will be forty in a few weeks rolling on 35's locker front and rear on Long Travel suspension
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Tell her she needs to pipe down.....and give you your man card back while she's at it!

I'm 33 and have modified suspension.....the wife always tells me "why can't you be content with just having a truck?" I tell her it's my hobby and she seems to understand that as she has plenty of them....just not as expensive!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #15
I am lost on what to do.
shrek is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
shrek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Tell her she needs to pipe down.....and give you your man card back while she's at it!

the wife always tells me "why can't you be content with just having a truck?"
See she handles the money so she knows what we can afford. She is pretty good about most things but looks at it like your wife does. I just can't be content with a stock truck. It's going to be a battle that's for sure. Thanks the responses. Keep them going.