Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2001 lift options

Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
Joeyd93 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joeyd93's Tacoma Gallery
2001 lift options

I have a 2wd taco v6 sr5 4door and I'm looking to do the whole "pre runner" look.

I want to lift both the front and the back with new shocks but I also want the front to sit about 3" higher than the back. I have no knowledge about lift kits or suspension. I want to find a good one without spending over $3000.

I don't know if they have pre made "pre runner" looking lift kits or if I should just get a 3" kit then add spacers to the front. All feedback is appreciated.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyd93 View Post
I have a 2wd taco v6 sr5 4door and I'm looking to do the whole "pre runner" look.

I want to lift both the front and the back with new shocks but I also want the front to sit about 3" higher than the back. I have no knowledge about lift kits or suspension. I want to find a good one without spending over $3000.

I don't know if they have pre made "pre runner" looking lift kits or if I should just get a 3" kit then add spacers to the front. All feedback is appreciated.
You cannot lift the front more than 3" without a drop bracket. Adding spacers to an already lifted front would be stacking lifts.

My suggestion would just be to buy a 6" drop bracket lift for the front, and then only lift the rear 1.5-2" with an add a leaf.

Or you could buy lift spindles for the front and leave the back stock.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Joeyd93's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you

The only thing is that I need new shocks anyways as mine are getting pretty stiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You cannot lift the front more than 3" without a drop bracket. Adding spacers to an already lifted front would be stacking lifts.

My suggestion would just be to buy a 6" drop bracket lift for the front, and then only lift the rear 1.5-2" with an add a leaf.

Or you could buy lift spindles for the front and leave the back stock.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
you can lift the front with new shocks/coils (OME coils w/OME shocks, 5100's w/ eibach/toytec) and leave the stock rear....

but I gotta ask

why?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Joeyd93's Tacoma Gallery
?

Thanks a lot. Why what, why do I want it higher in the front?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
you can lift the front with new shocks/coils (OME coils w/OME shocks, 5100's w/ eibach/toytec) and leave the stock rear....

but I gotta ask

why?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...udes-pics.html

take a look at that thread for basic info on lifts

but yeah, if you lift the front 3" higher than the back, your headlights will blind everyone around you at night
you'll have a horrible point of view when you're driving around
Old 01-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
Joeyd93's Tacoma Gallery
Good point

If I got the 3" lift would there be a need to change my gear ratios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...udes-pics.html

take a look at that thread for basic info on lifts

but yeah, if you lift the front 3" higher than the back, your headlights will blind everyone around you at night
you'll have a horrible point of view when you're driving around
Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #8

gearing only needs to be changed if there are drastic changes to tire size; it has nothing to do with lifts

take a look around the site, there's tons of info here