Notices

Another TSB question

Old 01-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
bobbybreach is on a distinguished road
Air Force: fire team leader
Name: bobby
bobbybreach's Tacoma Gallery
Another TSB question

How do I know or how can I tell if I have a TSB? Is that something that comes stock or did someone have to add it? I have a 09 trd doubles cab. Please help me cause I want to do a lift but I just have no idea exactly what TSB is or if I have it.

Thanks guys
Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Count your leaf springs. 2+ overload no tsb 3+ overload tsb
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Which one is the overload? And is the TSB stock?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TSB means technical service bulletin. Its a problem a car has that the manufacturers acknowledge but it is not a recall because it either doesnt effect every vehicle, or isnt a safety concern, also some TSBs are not a problem to all owners, like the leaf spring TSB
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybreach View Post
Which one is the overload? And is the TSB stock?
The overload is the straight one on the bottom. The TSB is stock i believe on canadians models and some trd sports
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery

because you have the Off Road model, does your's look like this? yes=TSB done (or canadian model. didn't know that as posted above.)
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Yes I do have TSB. Thank you for clarifying that. Including the TSB am I able to AAL at 1.5"?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
Or do I have to remove the TSB in order to have the AAL 1.5"?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
so if you only have 2+ overlaod you can have the tsb done? for free?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbergler View Post
so if you only have 2+ overlaod you can have the tsb done? for free?
Maybe. Depends. If your not under warranty it is less likely
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #11
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Maybe. Depends. If your not under warranty it is less likely
not in warranty but definatly going to ask my dealer
Old 01-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
Can I add a 1.5" leaf with the existing TSB?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can I add a 1.5" leaf with the existing TSB?
Yes, I have the TSB and an AAL. No issues at all and you do not have to remove any of the leafs from your leaf pack to do so.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbergler View Post
not in warranty but definatly going to ask my dealer
If you have the extended warranty, you might have half a chance. Otherwise, good luck...
Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #15

well i just got the truck like a month ago. bought it used. figure its worth a try
Old 01-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #16

Mike did you have your TSB done after you purchased the truck? What was your approach with the dealer to get it done? I obviously am not getting it but it might help others. Just tell them you have a "harsh ride" and that you hit the bump stops with weight in the bed?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #17

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Mike did you have your TSB done after you purchased the truck? What was your approach with the dealer to get it done? I obviously am not getting it but it might help others. Just tell them you have a "harsh ride" and that you hit the bump stops with weight in the bed?
I did. My truck was bottoming out with just the sport bike in the bed. The dealership's first response was to give me a sweet deal on a Tundra (which I almost took). I ended up calling Toyota Customer Service and they told me about the TSB. They gave me a case number and the dealership performed the work using the TSB (the dealership had never heard about the TSB before me).

If you tell the dealership you're having issues with the truck bottoming out with a light load, they should be familiar enough with the TSB by now.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #18
So basically a TSB is an extra leaf for what ever reason I don't know of and it's like a factory rear lift correct? Any Idea from the hub to the fender how many inches it is with the TSB and without the TSB?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #19

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So basically a TSB is an extra leaf for what ever reason I don't know of and it's like a factory rear lift correct? Any Idea from the hub to the fender how many inches it is with the TSB and without the TSB?
The TSB is a service bulletin created for people who were having trouble with the rear end bottoming out under a light load. It's not a factory lift although some lift is acheived from the extra leaf. Typically the TSB adds about 3/4 of an inch of lift to the rear but does settle down with time.