Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspensions are too confusing - Need help

Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #21
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The 3 leaf progressive AALs still do well if you want to tow or haul, just leave the overload leaf in place and Wheeler's now offers an HD version.
Good point about their HD version. I bought my 3 leaf before they had that option. Thanks for chiming in about the durability. I'm always afraid to say they will hold up for fear of bringing the wrath of the Dak owners.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
^lol. DUAL OVERLOADS = TWICE THE AWESOMENESS
Old 01-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #23
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
Good point about their HD version. I bought my 3 leaf before they had that option. Thanks for chiming in about the durability. I'm always afraid to say they will hold up for fear of bringing the wrath of the Dak owners.
I have the HD Pack and their great so far. been on them for a few months now really smoothed out the ride, can put some weight out back now with out fear of constant bottoming, and it still flexes awesome.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #24
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae111black View Post
I have the HD Pack and their great so far. been on them for a few months now really smoothed out the ride, can put some weight out back now with out fear of constant bottoming, and it still flexes awesome.
Wish it had been an option when I bought mine. Hell it is only $10 more too.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
sirwillysc is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
sirwillysc's Tacoma Gallery
First off THANK YOU for the thread I couldnt agree with you more I had an 09 and now I have a 13 that I plan on keeping for a long time and doing lots of stuff to. I have been wanting to lift since the 09 and have been reading about them and HOLY COW I feel that their is WAY too much in the suspension forums!!! Anyways,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
this is the option I was looking at because I wanted something similar to the BAJA Tacoma setup, I want it to still have great on road characteristics as well as be a beast (even more than stock) off road. I eventually want a mid travel kit but for right now I would like to start with this. Here is my questions, to keep alignment, ride and prevent damage should I purchase the UCA for this kit? and ideally what else would I need for this, or what else would yall recommend I get? Should i get spacers? Also i would like to keep my 6000lbs towing cap
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #26

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwillysc View Post
First off THANK YOU for the thread I couldnt agree with you more I had an 09 and now I have a 13 that I plan on keeping for a long time and doing lots of stuff to. I have been wanting to lift since the 09 and have been reading about them and HOLY COW I feel that their is WAY too much in the suspension forums!!! Anyways,

this is the option I was looking at because I wanted something similar to the BAJA Tacoma setup, I want it to still have great on road characteristics as well as be a beast (even more than stock) off road. I eventually want a mid travel kit but for right now I would like to start with this. Here is my questions, to keep alignment, ride and prevent damage should I purchase the UCA for this kit? and ideally what else would I need for this, or what else would yall recommend I get?
Yes, regarding the UCAs. Don't worry about the diff drop since you have a 2nd gen.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #27
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I am looking in to that same kit. Could use your help here. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...4-bannger.html

Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #28
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
I'm always afraid to say they will hold up for fear of bringing the wrath of the Dak owners.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #29
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwillysc View Post

this is the option I was looking at because I wanted something similar to the BAJA Tacoma setup, I want it to still have great on road characteristics as well as be a beast (even more than stock) off road. I eventually want a mid travel kit but for right now I would like to start with this. Here is my questions, to keep alignment, ride and prevent damage should I purchase the UCA for this kit? and ideally what else would I need for this, or what else would yall recommend I get? Should i get spacers? Also i would like to keep my 6000lbs towing cap
This isn't the exact same as the Baja truck. Get UCAs for it, but really if you want my advice, I'd wait till you had money for mid travel. Think about it, that lift cost $650. Thats $650 lost once you go mid travel.. I mean sure you can make some up by selling it but ultimately it will be a loss. But the decision is yours thats just my suggestion.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #30

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #31
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
just get the billy kit from toytec. With the AAl its cheaper than the one your looking at. I have it and have no problems at all. No extended brake lines no ucas rides mint.....so far.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #32
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
Dis one
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

For like a 100bucks or something they can compress the coil onto the shock for ya if you know where you want it set at.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #33
Southpaw447 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
Southpaw447's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires and wheels are you guys running with the OME setup? please include specs of wheels thanks.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #34
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw447 View Post
What size tires and wheels are you guys running with the OME setup? please include specs of wheels thanks.
SCS stealth 6 wheels- 17x8.5, 4.3" backspacing, -10mm offset with 285/70/17 duratracs. Picture in my gallery

Look here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html
And here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...u-gallery.html