1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shocks or coilovers

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ZimTaco, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Jan 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    ZimTaco

ZimTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Zombieland
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB 4x4 SR5
    I am looking to put a new suspension on. I dont do any hardcore wheelin just looking for an improved setup from the stock and also to level out. My question is are the shocks or the coilovers the more important part if I had to get one of them first or am I better off just waiting till I can buy them together? Also if I put a new suspension setup up front to raise the front do I need to do anything to the rear at the same time or just replace the shocks when I can get to them. Appreciate the help for the noob.

2. Jan 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM
    ZimTaco

ZimTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Zombieland
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB 4x4 SR5
    Ok so in doing some reading AFTER I posted this, I read that coilovers are the actual shocks and springs setup. SO my question would be are the shocks or the springs more important or should I just buy a whole setup both shocks and springs. Also if I do just get shocks ie 5100's will they get the lift I want, which is to level the truck, with the stock springs or do I need to get new springs as well with the shocks. Again appreciate the input guys.

3. Jan 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    dlooney

dlooney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    Satoshi w/ hella 500s mounted behind, 20% tint, 6K HID retro headlights, 4300k HID fog lights, DTRLs, plastidipped front valence, cb mount
    5100s are adjustable with heights from .85 inches, 1.5 inches, and 2.5 inches. Yes you can more or less level your truck using stock springs and 5100s set at 1.5 inches. It's what a million and a half people run. You'll be fine :D

Products Discussed in

To Top