Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1/4 in spacer opinion.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
1/4 in spacer opinion.

I forgot to order my 1/4 top spacer to correct for the driver side being lower. I went to toytec to order one and the shipping was going to be just as much as the spacer. So i checked wheelers and found i have two options, one is an aluminum spacer and one is a poly spacer. Im leaning toward the poly spacer seeing as the price is about a 1/3 of the aluminum. Im just not sure if thats a wise decision. Plastic vs metal. Im sure there is nothing wrong with the poly spacer.

What are yalls opinions
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
the shipping is SHIT, I agree...............our toytec discount doesnt help much either

Id stick with aluminum tho.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
They occasionally show up for sale in the BST

I would go aluminum myself
Old 01-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
went with aluminum mostly because ive already spend close to $600 for coils aal and 5100's why skimp on a $20 item that has a possibility of breaking.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Just so you know, the Toytec auto shipping calculator that is used online is screwy. I was going to order the CB drop kit and shipping was double the cost of the part. I called them and they threw into a small envelop and shipped it to me.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Polyurethane is not the same as plastic. The 1/4" spacer is made of a very hard durometer poly. It is not able to be "squeezed" out, and is very resistant to greases, oils, chemicals, etc.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Polyurethane is not the same as plastic. The 1/4" spacer is made of a very hard durometer poly. It is not able to be "squeezed" out, and is very resistant to greases, oils, chemicals, etc.
Is there any advantage to the poly versus aluminum besides price point ?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
i had some uhmv (hard white plastic looking) spacers in the past, wheeled on them for yrs no issues. i also had some heep spacers that were a softer plastic almost really hard rubber, thought were poly, anyway these compressed from the coils a bit over time and i've seen them break. aluminum is your best bet.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
A friend from high school used a hockey puck as a lift. Seemed to hold up alright although I can't say I'd recommend it to anyone