Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5.6" front lift, Need help deciding on rear lift to level me out

Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
5.6" front lift, Need help deciding on rear lift to level me out

2011 Tacoma DCSB
Just ordered a set of Maxtrac spindles and i heed some help on deciding what option i can go with to have a leveled look with the addition of the spindles with my current set up.

Current Setup

Front:
Bilstein 5100 Set at .85 (will set at 0 when installing spindles)
Eibach springs 1.6 lift.

Rear:
Bilstein 5100 for regular 2" lift
Toytec 1.5 aal

When spindles are installed i will be adjusting the Bilsteins to 0 setting and still using the Eibach springs. So that should give me about 5.6" lift if i'm correct.

Rear suspension options so far:

All-Pro Standard Duty Leaf Springs 3" lift (might need blocks, whats your opinion on possibly adding 1.5" block)

All-Pro Expedition Leaf Springs 4" lift (mixed reviews on ride quality without weight in bed. some say its stiff, others say they like how it rides, or once you have weight in the back it rides really good so i'm kind of confused on how it truly rides)

Use stock 1.5 aal, and add 2 inch block (prob ride like crap, if anyone is using a setup like this please fill me in on the ride quality and if you have run into any issues.)

If i was using my stock springs i would know which route to go with and wouldn't be asking. Please don't tell me to go search because i have. I have found a lot of threads with the Mextrac spindles and have gone through them. I'm not looking for the "bro lean" at all which i have seen a lot of. i rather be a tad bit higher in the rear than bro lean. I did find some leveled out, but they were either using stock springs with the all pro standard 3" lift, or using big blocks in the back. I have overall seen a ton of different setups and just not sure on which will best suite a leveled look with the addition 1.6" lift in front with the eibachs.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 AM   #2
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJaikaran View Post
2011 Tacoma DCSB
Just ordered a set of Maxtrac spindles and i heed some help on deciding what option i can go with to have a leveled look with the addition of the spindles with my current set up.

Current Setup

Front:
Bilstein 5100 Set at .85 (will set at 0 when installing spindles)
Eibach springs 1.6 lift.

Rear:
Bilstein 5100 for regular 2" lift
Toytec 1.5 aal

When spindles are installed i will be adjusting the Bilsteins to 0 setting and still using the Eibach springs. So that should give me about 5.6" lift if i'm correct.

Rear suspension options so far:

All-Pro Standard Duty Leaf Springs 3" lift (might need blocks, whats your opinion on possibly adding 1.5" block)

All-Pro Expedition Leaf Springs 4" lift (mixed reviews on ride quality without weight in bed. some say its stiff, others say they like how it rides, or once you have weight in the back it rides really good so i'm kind of confused on how it truly rides)

Use stock 1.5 aal, and add 2 inch block (prob ride like crap, if anyone is using a setup like this please fill me in on the ride quality and if you have run into any issues.)

If i was using my stock springs i would know which route to go with and wouldn't be asking. Please don't tell me to go search because i have. I have found a lot of threads with the Mextrac spindles and have gone through them. I'm not looking for the "bro lean" at all which i have seen a lot of. i rather be a tad bit higher in the rear than bro lean. I did find some leveled out, but they were either using stock springs with the all pro standard 3" lift, or using big blocks in the back. I have overall seen a ton of different setups and just not sure on which will best suite a leveled look with the addition 1.6" lift in front with the eibachs.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
you should be fine w a 1.5 block just make sure you get the tapered block
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Custom built leaf springs like from Alcans.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
I actually ended up changing up my whole suspension setup just to be able to get a leveled look with the spindles without any blocks, and a good ride quality.

New front:
Icon extended coilivers (can adjust to give me the leveled look I want.)
Icon uni ball UCA
Maxtrac spindles

Rear:
RCD bilstein extended travel shocks (should be in stock mid feb for order from DSM)
All-pro expo leaf pack. (Back orders. I'll install these and spindles at the same time)