Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

About to Order Lift will this Work?

Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Southpaw447 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
Southpaw447's Tacoma Gallery
About to Order Lift will this Work?

I have a 2012 toyota tacoma double cab 4x4 base model. I am going to purchase the OME suspension kit with top spacer for a 3 inch lift. I am wondering if I will run into any problems with putting on nitto terra grapplers 285/65/18 with XD Cranks 18x9 with an offset of 0 and a backspace of 5? I understand that I will have minor rubbing issues and will need to trim. I just want to make sure these tires and rims will fit ok. If anyone happens to have this setup please post a picture. Thanks guys
Old 01-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Should be good to go if you don't mind trimming, and possibly chopping your cab mounts.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Secret Squirell, Contract Completed
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Should be good to go if you don't mind trimming, and possibly chopping your cab mounts.
this
Old 01-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Man I really don't want to do a front chop on my truck. I don't off road or anything serious just go down hunting trails. I also don't want my tires rubbing after trimming though. Any other tire sizes you guys recommend that will look good but not have to do a front chop?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
255/85/16 or 255/80/17 and wheels with backspacing closer to the stock wheels
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
I would really like to have 18's would a backspacing of 4.5 help at all?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw447 View Post
I would really like to have 18's would a backspacing of 4.5 help at all?
285/60/18