Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

off road suspension upgrade help

Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
digi is on a distinguished road
digi's Tacoma Gallery
off road suspension upgrade help

Okay guys, I have been reading about suspension upgrades until my eyes are bleeding. There is alot of great info on here and I have learned a great deal. So thanks for that.

A suspension upgrade is an expensive item so I'm going to post to ask for help with my specific needs.

My new truck is a 2013 AC sr5 4wd. I have already replaced the stock slippers with toyo MT's 265/75/16.

The truck is not a daily driver. This is my new hunting/towing/hauling rig. I do hunt out of state though so there will be some extended highway riding.

I mainly off road trails, woods etc.. No desert racing (Im in north carolina).

Not really concerned about the look of the truck, this is a performance issue for me. I plan to put some armor on this truck to help protect it. Right now I am planning a front receiver for a removable winch but would like to keep my front bumper options open.

I am willing to spend on a quality setup that is durable.

Thanks for any opinions.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
You could go mid travel if you want to spend some coin, but I would recommend OME. Access cab I would say 885 coils and an aal would get you by. Or a set of dakars or back, probably with the overload removed would fit your bill. Enjoy, and post pics of your truck!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
^like he said Old Man Emu is a good option. It is a durable and for about $1150 you can replace your whole suspension (new upper control arms are recomended ~ $400 more) Increase load carrying with dakar leaf springs, the front end will be a littlw stiffer and it will handle some added weight and OME wont break the bank. One thing you didnt mention is how much lift you want or if you want any at all? OME is typically a 2.5-3" lift.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
OME is a great lift kit but if you are strictly looking for performance and are willing to spend the money look into ICON KING and FOX mid travel kits. They are primarily performance suspension systems and you can still get 2" of lift out of it.