Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Using existing Fox suspension with Fabtech 6"?

Old 01-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
WhyNotFab is on a distinguished road
Name: Ricky
WhyNotFab's Tacoma Gallery
Using existing Fox suspension with Fabtech 6"?

Since I already have Fox suspension front and rear for a 3" lift, if I get the Fabtech 6" kit, can I just set the front Fox coilovers to 0 lift so they're basically like factory height and work with Fabtech's spacer?

Then for the rear, I guess I would ditch my existing 3" AAL, use Fabtechs rear lift, and since my rear Fox shocks may not extend enough, could I weld new shock tabs to the rear of the axle rather than hanging below it, since that would bring the points up a few inches where it would compensate for adding 3" to the current height?

Figured since I have the materials & skills to weld new tabs, that would make more sense than buying new longer Fox rear shocks.. Let me know!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
Someone has to have an idea! Lol almost ready to get started on this, in theory it seems like it will work but more input would be great
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Fabtechs rear lift uses a AAL as well.

I suggest digging through the 6" lift thread, I know I've seen this question before. In theory the front will work. I'm afraid with the rears you are going through an awful lot of trouble rewelding shock tabs etc. Sacraficing shock travel to just keep "Fox shocks" I'd just rock the included rear shocks, and sell the Fox's if they don't work out and replace them when you can afford it.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
If the travel and all would be fine with the tabs rewelded higher then I may still do that since a little welding is no problem at all, may use the Fabtechs just for a few days till I can drive to a buddies shop, but I'm glad someone replied haha needed a little reassurance since I really want to order the kit soon! Was also wondering if I could use a 4" block instead of the 3" and crank my coilovers to match, for closer to a 7" lift? Thanks man!