Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

bilstein 5100"s and stock prerunner suspension???

Old 08-30-2007, 05:56 AM   #21
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds awesome! Hey, maybe for the Carolina Meet we should skip the whole off-roading thing and just get drunk at your lake house and cook out
Old 08-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Sounds awesome! Hey, maybe for the Carolina Meet we should skip the whole off-roading thing and just get drunk at your lake house and cook out

hey man, we are still having the meet(sometime......i guarantee it!!), but we can do the lakehouse thing anytime..........and i'll be there fishing and getting sloshed!!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #23
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hey man, we are still having the meet(sometime......i guarantee it!!), but we can do the lakehouse thing anytime..........and i'll be there fishing and getting sloshed!!
I don't fish but i sure as hell drink
Old 05-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #24
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
anyone know how good the stock suspension of my prerunner would be if i got rid of the factory bilsteins and went with the 5100"s??? i know its an adjustable shock and all, but i dont want any front or rear lift. i plan on keeping it stock, so would the 5100's work out? the ride(and handling maybe) should be a little better right?? appreciate any info!!!
When it's time to replace the 5100's are great. And at that time you will have everything settled out and know if you want any lift in the front or not?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #25
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
When it's time to replace the 5100's are great. And at that time you will have everything settled out and know if you want any lift in the front or not?
thats what i was thinking, but now im thinking of getting a 3 inch toytec lift, so we'll see if i decide to go with the 5100's afterall.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #26
xrico is on a distinguished road
xrico's Tacoma Gallery
How much?

Does anyone know approximately how much the labour cost would come to for installing new leaf springs and four shocks for a tocoma.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #27
joedart is on a distinguished road
joedart's Tacoma Gallery
i got an invoice right here. the local 4 wheel parts performance center wanted $568.00 for labor to install four 5100's, an add-a-leaf in the rear, and an alignment...... they ain't gettin' my money!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:37 AM   #28
xrico's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Dealer agreed to the suspension TSB

Althogh my warranty ended in November 2007, the dealer here agreed to the suspension TSB but I had to pay $80. So they will replace the leafs and the four shocks. I think its a good deal since my warranty ended 7 months ago.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:06 AM   #29
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrico View Post
Does anyone know approximately how much the labour cost would come to for installing new leaf springs and four shocks for a tocoma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedart View Post
i got an invoice right here. the local 4 wheel parts performance center wanted $568.00 for labor to install four 5100's, an add-a-leaf in the rear, and an alignment...... they ain't gettin' my money!

Exactly why I will be installing them myself. Thats double what it originally would cost to buy the 5100s.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #30
xrico's Tacoma Gallery

Can I level my truck by just adding the 5100's up front.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #32
xrico's Tacoma Gallery
Does this apply to a Prerunner 2WD

"recommended NOT to lift more than 3 because it will likely cause premature wear and stress to your CV boots and ball joints. If you're looking for more lift in the front, consider a drop-down setup or a solid axle swap"

Does the above statment apply to a 2WD or only a 4WD. Can you get a drop down for a 2WD?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #33
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
"recommended NOT to lift more than 3 because it will likely cause premature wear and stress to your CV boots and ball joints. If you're looking for more lift in the front, consider a drop-down setup or a solid axle swap"

Does the above statment apply to a 2WD or only a 4WD. Can you get a drop down for a 2WD?

Thanks
If you are refering to a Pre Runner, then, yes. You can get a drop bracket lift. Also, you can get 4" lift spindles. There are no Cv boots, or shafts on a Prerunner, so lifting is a piece of cake. If you are wanting to know about the 5 lug pick up, then Im not sure.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #34
xrico's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to find the best way to level the truck (3" front lift), would 5100's and and a 1" diff drop, be the best way to go for my 2005 D-Cab Prerunner. Any ideas? and what about Steel 3" Strut Spacer would they effect the suspension geometry.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #35
xrico's Tacoma Gallery
"If you have a PreRunner then you have no CV's and a diff drop is not necessary."
Does this mean I only need a spacer or 5100's for my prerunner.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #36
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
yes,
+1. put them on the 2nd or 3rd notch.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #37
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Trying to find the best way to level the truck (3" front lift), would 5100's and and a 1" diff drop, be the best way to go for my 2005 D-Cab Prerunner. Any ideas? and what about Steel 3" Strut Spacer would they effect the suspension geometry.
You do not need a diff drop as you are not a 4x4. Yes, a lift would affect your suspension geometry. You will loose caster. Total Chaos, Camburg, and I think Icon make UCA's that return your caster to near factory. Also, 5100 adjustable shocks are no different than adding preload spacers to your current strut assembly. The only advantage is you get better shocks.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #39
xrico's Tacoma Gallery
What are the UCA's?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #40

Quote:
What are the UCA's?
Upper Control Arms