Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need some help deciding on suspension !

Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
Adi is on a distinguished road
Name: Adi
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Need some help deciding on suspension !

I have a 2010 DCLB, currently i have a Toytec spacer lift on the truck with a 1.5" block in the rear(no TSB or any issues yet). While the truck looks great and is perfectly leveled after a year i am tired of the shocks bottoming out and the stiff ride, i am finally able to afford a "real" suspension kit. I was thinking about OME complete set up but its a bit steep at a little over $1K. Also my concern was once you get the whole spring pack installed it seems like you almost get that factory rake back. If i am not mistaken it said that you achieve 2.75" of lift in the rear and 2" in the front. With the factory rake of 1.5" difference wouldn't that make the rear end over 2" taller? Maybe I am missing something here? Anyways I wanted to get some opinions what you guys are running and what you would recommend. btw I am also ordering new wheels and tires at the same time, I am planning on running 275/65/18 which is 32" so clearance is not a big issue. Honestly i don't even want full 3" of lift. Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanx ...
Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Get the OME kit but with the Wheelers 3 leaf AAL instead of the Dakars
Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Get the OME kit but with the Wheelers 3 leaf AAL instead of the Dakars
How much lift do you get out of Wheelers AAL and is it more cost effective?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi View Post
How much lift do you get out of Wheelers AAL and is it more cost effective?
Looks like 1 1/2"
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanx for that, looks like its more cost effective. Whats your opinion on using the lift enhancer plates for the front? Wheelers website said you only get about 1.75" with the coils alone. (885's)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanx for that, looks like its more cost effective. Whats your opinion on using the lift enhancer plates for the front? Wheelers website said you only get about 1.75" with the coils alone. (885's)
I got 2 1/2" on my DCLB 4x4 with just the OME 885x coils , no top plate spacers
Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got 2 1/2" on my DCLB 4x4 with just the OME 885x coils , no top plate spacers
I see you are running dakars in the rear and only coils in the front, does your truck have a rake and how do you like the ride with the dakar's?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see you are running dakars in the rear and only coils in the front, does your truck have a rake and how do you like the ride with the dakar's?
I have about 1 - 1 1/2" of rake

I like the Dakars , I carry about 400-450lbs at all times between my cap and tools etc

This is my truck

Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #10
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have about 1 - 1 1/2" of rake

I like the Dakars , I carry about 400-450lbs at all times between my cap and tools etc

This is my truck

Sweet Taco, thanx again for your input.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #12
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler's 3 Leaf progressive AAL is rated for 1.5" of lift after you remove the stock OL leaf. You will see closer to 2" if you leave the stock OL leaf in due to it's width alone.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet Taco, thanx again for your input.
Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #14
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Wheeler's 3 Leaf progressive AAL is rated for 1.5" of lift after you remove the stock OL leaf. You will see closer to 2" if you leave the stock OL leaf in due to it's width alone.
So i take it if i went with wheeler's for 1.5" in the rear and 885's in the front that should put me about level?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So i take it if i went with wheeler's for 1.5" in the rear and 885's in the front that should put me about level?
Yep
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #16
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, is there a huge difference between the 90000/N140s for the front and 60091/N182 for the rear? Sounds like the new series 900/600 would have a stiffer ride?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
BTW, is there a huge difference between the 90000/N140s for the front and 60091/N182 for the rear? Sounds like the new series 900/600 would have a stiffer ride?
I have 90000 fronts , N182 rears
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #18
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Well OZ after you enlightened me I think i have decided to go with 885's, the new sport shocks from OME and most likely wheelers 3 leaf AAL. The price is just a little less than getting the dakars and i dont want a super high ass end. Just for entertainment, I have heard of people going with dakars and removing the 3rd leaf and even one of the OL leafs. Not sure if that's a good idea. Anyways thanks for the info.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Removing the 3rd leaf from the Daks is fine , it is actually addressed in the ARB ( OME ) literature , but personally if I was going to remove leafs from the Dakar pack I would just get the Wheelers 3 leaf AAL instead

Good luck
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #20
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Removing the 3rd leaf from the Daks is fine , it is actually addressed in the ARB ( OME ) literature , but personally if I was going to remove leafs from the Dakar pack I would just get the Wheelers 3 leaf AAL instead

Good luck
One more question before final decision, since i have a long bed wheelers offers the 3 leaf HD AAL, so you think I should go HD with N182's or regular 3 leaf AAL with 60091? (for best ride quality)