Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2012 Baja Looking for a little height.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
Baja1981 is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlus
Baja1981's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Baja Looking for a little height.

I have a 2012 Baja tacoma 4.0 crew cab. Is anyone fimilar with this suspension? I looking to add some lift to my truck with a possible lift and level kit. But i do not know enough about the suspension to see how that will alter my baja suspension or even if its work going threw the hassle or rick. Any advise? Im new to the site so be gentle. ill have picts of my truck up soon.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
If you go to the Tacoma garage section on the top menu there you will find lots of information. Depending on the lift you want they have lots to choose from and reviews so you can see what you'll be buying.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
What re you trying to accomplish with the lift? Bigger tires? More ground clearance?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #4

Im looking for a little more clearance and a more agressive look. i like my stock tires and rims might upgrade later
Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
The Baja guys may correct me on this, but the Baja comes with a slightly lifted front end already. If you choose to lift more (properly IMO) you would be replacing the Baja shocks and/or springs. Kinda defeats the purpose of paying extra for the Baja package in the first place.

Anyone?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
WVHellbilly is on a distinguished road

WVHellbilly's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, the only way to properly lift the front would be with an extended travel coilover or maybe with a drop bracket lift. The rear would be simular to any other tacoma. It does kinda defeat the purpose of buying a Baja to begin with though.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #7

Thanks Guys. i appricate the advice
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The Baja Edition comes with some sweet 60mm Bilsteins from my understanding. I wouldn't get rid of those. You could do a small top-plate spacer for about 1/2" of additional lift, but that would probably be about it. Best bet is to just up the tire size.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #10
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
The Baja Edition comes with some sweet 60mm Bilsteins from my understanding. I wouldn't get rid of those. You could do a small top-plate spacer for about 1/2" of additional lift, but that would probably be about it. Best bet is to just up the tire size.
x2. Get a small spacer if you want a little bit more. I think the Baja's already come with +/- 2'' of lift.

Matt