Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach/5100 at .85 vs. ome 885x/billy 5100 at 0

Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bkmcinty's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach/5100 at .85 vs. ome 885x/billy 5100 at 0

Title says it all which is preferred ome 885x with billy 5100s at 0 or eibachs with billy 5100s at .85? I'm looking to get roughly 2.5" of lift without going the coil spring spacer route......lets hear what you suspension experts have to say
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
id suggest never preloading a coil when theres other correct means (proper length/weight coil) and are within ur budget
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I respect your response but there are tons of people on here doing it with zero issues....having said that I might as well go with ome so I don't have to preload? I believe they are similar in price.....if inget the ome coils do I HAVE to get new shocks? If not then there will be a huge price difference
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #4

If I get*
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Why 5100s over OME shocks if you get OME coils? Not saying its a bad choice, i am just always curiuos why people go with 5100s if they are getting 885s and not planning on using the adjustability.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmcinty View Post
Well I respect your response but there are tons of people on here doing it
Not really
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #7

By tons I mean I have seen at least half a dozen but thanks for being that guy .....I guess if I go with 885s you are right I wouldn't need the 5100s (adjustable) so what shocks would be alternative? Hopefully I could save some money going from adjustable to non adjustable I don't need anything super special I stay on the road 23 hrs a day
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
By tons I mean I have seen at least half a dozen but thanks for being that guy .....I guess if I go with 885s you are right I wouldn't need the 5100s (adjustable) so what shocks would be alternative? Hopefully I could save some money going from adjustable to non adjustable I don't need anything super special I stay on the road 23 hrs a day
I'm not being " that guy "

What is the point of preloading the OME coils ?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #9

That's why I asked......I don't know?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #10

Which shocks do you recommend wight the ome 885? Stock shocks?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #11

I'm not 100% positive I know what preloading means......
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #12
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
If you are getting the OME coils the best performance would be to match them with OME shocks. People that run OME coils with 5100s usually do so because they bought the 5100s first and later decided it was better to get a lift coil.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #13
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm not being " that guy "

What is the point of preloading the OME coils ?
I think he was going to preload the toytec/eibachs if he kept the 5100s and put those at

I still gotta say id rather use a proper length/weight coil as opposed to preloading tho...I've ridden with the toytec adjustable coilovers and even those rode harsher than I would have expected...basically still just preloading the eibachs via threaded shock body.

I in no way have any problem with higher end adjustable kings/icons/ect being cranked up since u can change the valving.....the higher end purpose built adjustable coilovers again, I have no problem with.

The toytec "ultimates" didn't fit into that slot imho tho....it was a macgyver type modification to the shock and may fit the bill for some of us.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #14

Yes if I got the ome with 5100s I would leave them at 0 but gives me future options to set them at .85 if I'd like to......idk what to do I'm leaning towards the ome 885s with a less expensive shock than the 5100s but at $220/pr that's gonna be hard to beat by a marginal number.....what are the 9000s $200/pr? Big deal think I'd rather have the Billy's but idk much about shocks just looking to be led in the right direction
Old 02-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #15

Thanks for the responses
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes if I got the ome with 5100s I would leave them at 0 but gives me future options to set them at .85 if I'd like to......idk what to do I'm leaning towards the ome 885s with a less expensive shock than the 5100s but at $220/pr that's gonna be hard to beat by a marginal number.....what are the 9000s $200/pr? Big deal think I'd rather have the Billy's but idk much about shocks just looking to be led in the right direction
90000's are around $320 / pair

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #17

Geeeez yeah that's ridiculous why wouldn't I go with 5100s at that point
Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #18

On that website I see it says the 885s only provide 1.75" of lift......thought it was 2.4"?!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Geeeez yeah that's ridiculous why wouldn't I go with 5100s at that point
I never said not to use 5100's

I just wouldn't set them at .85 and preload the OME coils
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On that website I see it says the 885s only provide 1.75" of lift......thought it was 2.4"?!
I got 2 1/2" of lift with 885's , no top plate spacers on my DCLB 4x4