Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100 adjustment

Old 02-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 adjustment

I called my local dealership today and they are ordering what I need for the leaf spring TSB and I will have it done sometime next week after the parts come in. After the TSB is completed, I want to replace the stock front Bilsteins with the 5100's to level out my truck. Should I wait a certain amount of time for my truck to settle from the TSB before I put these new shocks on? I'm worried that I will put the shocks on too soon, the truck will settle, and the truck would then be raked the wrong way. What is the best way to determine the correct setting?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Ive heard that 1.75 setting is leveled with the tsb. But you should install it before the TSB because they align your truck after the install for free..
Old 02-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Indeed. And they will try to tell you that the alignment is not free. I had to bust out the TSB list and show that a alignment is included free.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
M2M will become famous soon enough

M2M's Tacoma Gallery

here you go - set to 1.75 + TSB
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i personally will probably go 2.5 though. is their any ride difference between 2.5 and 1.75?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
2.5 will be a stiffer ride
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
If you install the front struts at the 2.5" height a 1.5" rear lift levels out the truck in most cases. I had the TSB done on my truck and noticed the new springs gave me about 2" of lift as compared to my old springs. However my old springs were basically flat and had no arch at all!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #8
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
If you install the front struts at the 2.5" height a 1.5" rear lift levels out the truck in most cases. I had the TSB done on my truck and noticed the new springs gave me about 2" of lift as compared to my old springs. However my old springs were basically flat and had no arch at all!
Spoke with Sonny yesterday and just wanted to make sure I understood correctly....My '07 TRD Sport has a stock 4-leaf pack (Canadian truck,no TSB required).If I installed the front Billy 5100's set at 2.5",plus a set of AAL's in the rear,the truck would sit just slightly higher in the back?......What would the total lift of the truck be considered?

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #9
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
I just need to know the torque spec for the front shock bolt and the three bolts before I tackle this project today.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #10
PaulVthe3 will become famous soon enoughPaulVthe3 will become famous soon enough

PaulVthe3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Spoke with Sonny yesterday and just wanted to make sure I understood correctly....My '07 TRD Sport has a stock 4-leaf pack (Canadian truck,no TSB required).If I installed the front Billy 5100's set at 2.5",plus a set of AAL's in the rear,the truck would sit just slightly higher in the back?......What would the total lift of the truck be considered?

Thanks.
Thats the same set up Im getting for my 09 4x4! im also installing the diff drop as well. Its still on its way! I cant wait! Im just wondering if Im gonna have any rear driveline vibration? Im only going with 1-1.5" AAl so I dont see a problem. What do you guys think?
Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #11

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
Just did my billy shocks and AAL today. Settings were @ 2.5", let me tell you I really like this setup. Rides great, I don't know what kind of stiffness you guyz are experiencing bu this is awesome.

Let me tell you about the install. I started with the rear 1.5" AAL and shocks, driver side was a little tricky with the all the brake lines. As for the pass. it was plain and simple. Now the fronts were adjusted to 2.5" with stock springs. I purchased a portable coil spring compressor. however the damn tool was a little too bulky. So I went down to my good friend (a mechanic) changed them for $25. Good deal. Installing them was a bitch, the bottom shock wouldn't go in to its place. So we removed the castle nut from the UCA and finness it in. I started this project by my self until my brother came over to help. What a relief!! With all that said and done, I really love this setup. LEVELED!!! Now my HID's will have new meaning of bright lights in your face. HAHA. I'll try to post some pic.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good looking foward to some pics.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #13
do w3rk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_yota View Post
Just did my billy shocks and AAL today. Settings were @ 2.5", let me tell you I really like this setup. Rides great, I don't know what kind of stiffness you guyz are experiencing bu this is awesome.

Let me tell you about the install. I started with the rear 1.5" AAL and shocks, driver side was a little tricky with the all the brake lines. As for the pass. it was plain and simple. Now the fronts were adjusted to 2.5" with stock springs. I purchased a portable coil spring compressor. however the damn tool was a little too bulky. So I went down to my good friend (a mechanic) changed them for $25. Good deal. Installing them was a bitch, the bottom shock wouldn't go in to its place. So we removed the castle nut from the UCA and finness it in. I started this project by my self until my brother came over to help. What a relief!! With all that said and done, I really love this setup. LEVELED!!! Now my HID's will have new meaning of bright lights in your face. HAHA. I'll try to post some pic.
nice. come install mine
Old 02-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #14

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
sorry man I don't do side jobs. If you got some tools and buy me a roundtrip ticket from Hawaii, then maybe. I'll sleep on it. Nah let me know if you need some help though.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #15
do w3rk!

hahah. i want to install it myself, i just dont think i have all the proper tools.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:38 AM   #16
PaulVthe3 will become famous soon enoughPaulVthe3 will become famous soon enough

PaulVthe3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_yota View Post

So how does it ride? Any driveline vibes? Did you get the diff drop? Let see some pics!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:35 AM   #17
TW Addict
Y0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to all

Army: (01/2006-07/2009)B 2-44 ADA 101st Airbone Air Assault Division
Name: Zac
Y0TA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Y0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvthe3 View Post
so how does it ride? Any driveline vibes? Did you get the diff drop? Let see some pics!

yea whats up. No pics? I also want to know vibes or no?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #18
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
Indeed. And they will try to tell you that the alignment is not free. I had to bust out the TSB list and show that a alignment is included free.
Where can I get a copy of this list? My dealership does whatever they can to cut corners.