Notices

Possible Front End Suspension Problem

Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
Possible Front End Suspension Problem

After I had my suspension upgraded and new tires put on I have noticed a little issue. I'm not sure what it is though. While taking curves on road at a reasonably high speed (40-50 mph) which I was able to do before, I have noticed in some cases that there seems to be a rubbing and then my "you lost control" alarm goes off (the Beeping for the traction or whatever that is). It feels like its coming from the front right, and I have only noticed the problem when turning to the left on a curve going down hill. It may happen in other directions but I haven't encountered that yet. So far nothing bad has happened but I want to resolve this so nothing will happen.

Do you think its just the tire rubbing somewhere, or is part of the suspension rubbing somewhere. I would love some help to resolve this issue.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Your VSC / Traction Control is kicking on

Do you feel an ABS-like pulsation in the pedals ?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Your VSC / Traction Control is kicking on

Do you feel an ABS-like pulsation in the pedals ?
yes, so what does that mean
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyHeretic View Post
yes
Yep

VSC engaging
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I hate nanny systems with no driver override.....hope u get this fixed OP.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You need to get your skid control ecu zeroed , and even doing that doesn't work for everyone
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #8

thank you reading it now
Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thank you reading it now
Good luck
Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #10

Should i go to toyota to get this done or can any shop do this?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #11
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good luck
Rep to you for helping him out immediately! This is what all threads should look like!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Should i go to toyota to get this done or can any shop do this?
I went to Toyota , some guys do it themselves , I wasn't comfortable doing that
Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #13
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
I that doesn't help I have heard of some people going to the yaw sensor and shimming it. Have no more info besides that though.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #14

thanks for the help.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
I that doesn't help I have heard of some people going to the yaw sensor and shimming it. Have no more info besides that though.
I've seen that on Tundra forums , yet to see it done on a Tacoma
Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
If you go to Toyota they shouldn't really charge you much, if anything. You have no dash lights staying on. Actually one of the steps you are supposed to (some techs don't) is do that very step after performing an alignment.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
If you go to Toyota they shouldn't really charge you much, if anything. You have no dash lights staying on. Actually one of the steps you are supposed to (some techs don't) is do that very step after performing an alignment.
They may or may not charge , some have been charged up to $85 or so
Old 02-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #18

it just freaked me out today, was driving on a windy road, kinda fast. i should drive slower but wheres the fun in that. and all of a sudden the alarm goes off and it feels like it locked up. after the truck slowed a little it freed itself and i didnt fly off the cliff.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it just freaked me out today, was driving on a windy road, kinda fast. i should drive slower but wheres the fun in that. and all of a sudden the alarm goes off and it feels like it locked up. after the truck slowed a little it freed itself and i didnt fly off the cliff.
Did it cause you to go straight rather than turn ?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Did it cause you to go straight rather than turn ?
yes