Notices

Wheeler 3 Leaf AAL + Single AAL?

Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
2k4Taco will become famous soon enough2k4Taco will become famous soon enough

Navy: PO2 USN
Name: Swanny
2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler 3 Leaf AAL + Single AAL?

I have a wheelers 3 leaf aal installed in the rear as of right now.. I was trying to level out my truck since it has a camper shell on it. I was thinking about installing wheelers 1.5 inch aal on top of the 3 leaf aal... would that work? Thanks guys!-Swanny...
Old 02-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #3

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
looks like we are both waiting Brett.....
Old 02-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as the single AAL is longer than the top leaf of the 3 leaf AAL. It's just the the OMD leaf pack. The 3 leaf AAL has it's own spring retainers, correct?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #5

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it does. They clamp over the main leaf.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4Taco View Post
Yes it does. They clamp over the main leaf.
Is it tall enough to take another leaf?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #7

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah probably about one more.. I have some donors standing by but I have to cut them to make the center pin off center. They are a little wider then stock.. came from HD jeep YJ springs. My buddy used the for about 100 miles..
Old 02-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you're using donor leafs that are wider than your stock leaf pack, make sure you shave them where the ubolts run by them so they don't put pressure on the u-bolts.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #9

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. I was thinking about shaving down both sides to that they are the same width. I have a aal but the center pins centered.. I got it for free off Craigslist I thinks its from a 2nd gen.. the guy had a tacoma..
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds like you'll be in custom leaf pack territory. It might be worth shooting OMD a PM since he has a lot of experience retrofitting leaf packs to see if there are any hidden challenges or risks with slipping an extra leaf along with an AAL into a stock leaf pack.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #11

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've been reading 4WDs thread on leaf spring refurbishing..
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I've been reading 4WDs thread on leaf spring refurbishing..
Shoot him a PM, he's a good resource on that subject. He's made a lot of leaf packs for members.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #13

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I sent him one a while ago.. just waiting for a reply..
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I sent him one a while ago.. just waiting for a reply..
He's in Cali... this could be a rough night for him