Notices

Rear Shock relocation thread

Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #21
extrmsob293 is on a distinguished road
extrmsob293's Tacoma Gallery
are those shock relocations are for 2nd gen only? i have a 1st gen
Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrmsob293 View Post
are those shock relocations are for 2nd gen only? i have a 1st gen

I'm going to assume that it's intended for first and second gen trucks. Though you will likely see more first gen setups after this thread gets rolling, do to the fact that our shocks do not bolt to the axle like second gen's do.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #23
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
I would say its more second gen. As when I looked at mounting shocks that way on my first gen the shocks would be very close to the wheels and would rub bad.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #24
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF makes a second gen shock relocation kit. Uses a 12in shock without the need to punch through the bed.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #26
I'm looking for a way to do my 1st gen
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #27
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for more info and pics.

I konw there are more 1st Gens with relocated shocks. Let's see them.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #28
Sub'd for the 1st gen
Old 02-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #29
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Here's my rear by DMZ, without cutting into the bed.

Oh my god that is exactly what i am looking for!...
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #30
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrmsob293 View Post
Sub'd for the 1st gen
x2 Moar Pics!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
άber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread idea, Adam!

Time for another 1st gen....

I'm running 14x2.0 Foxes, 64" Chevy springs, 6" shackles at about a 35 degree angle, and Ballistic creepers as shackle hangers. (About 3-4 inches of lift.)

My goal with this set-up was to maximize articulation and clearance, withOUT going through the bed.

While I didn't actually go through the bed, I sorta cheated.

The downsides to this set-up are: ride quality, (since the more of an angle the shock is in relation to the axle movement, the less efficient the shock is at dampening), and I had to deform the bed a little.... IT's hardly noticeable after bedliner, I belive this could have been avoided with 12" shocks (wich would be plenty long for a typical 3" lift set-up). I originally planned on running 12" shocks, but someone locally was parting out a baja bronco, so I got these for cheap and decided to make it work.... It could also be said that the lack of up-travel in my set-up is also a downside..... but since the 64" chevy springs deteriorate quickly when allowed to flex past negative, and my 37s start eating things under my fender wells if I tried to stuff them any more, I really don't need any more up travel... and I think the down travel makes up for it nicely.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #32
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for posting Silas. Good to see. (even though I've seen yours already).
Old 02-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #33
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine, I built it for high speed whoops desert stuff. After many times revalving it handles really well, and Its capable of doing 65mphs through somewhat decent whoops.
Bilstein 7100's 12" Short Bodies, Custom 4" shackles, 2" Air bumps, Limit straps, Deaver j59 leaf pack.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #35
Neighborhood Know-it-all

I've been thinking more about my set up since I plan to work on it soon. I am not unhappy with the amount of travel I'm getting with the factory position of one forward and one backward, except that my shocks aren't quite long enough. If my truck was a dedicated rockcrawler I would definitely be looking at a setup like most of those posted with the tops of the shocks angle to the center.

But the factory position helps with axle wrap, and the shocks don't lose dampening ability like they do when they're angle to the center. So if I can relocate the lower shock mounts so that the shocks aren't limiting down travel like they are now but keep the shocks in the factory position, then it might just be the ideal set up for me.

Just thinking out loud. I haven't finalized a plan yet but I think that might work for me.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #36
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i keep tossing back and forth between the two myself...

with the shackle flip i'll be pushing my foxes at the moment

so many options!

trying not to drop a bunch of cash on the relocation though...as i've already dropped too much on the flip kit and defined shackles
Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #37
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
Intersting perspective on 1st gen Tundra vs 2nd gen Taco sizes.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #38
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Relocated the shocks and added some support, rides way nice now with the expo packs, not rough at all and corners way better Don't know how it flexes yet.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #39
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
^Are those the 12" short body 7100s? That is a clean install. I noticed that you kept the eyelets lateral to the truck. Do you think you'll get any binding in there, when you are flexed out?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #40
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
They're 10" short bodies. I am concerned about the binding but I've seen other people do it and I'm hoping that it won't be a problem but I can always fix it if it is. just haven't had a chance to flex it out yet