Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Shock relocation thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #43
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
They're 10" short bodies. I am concerned about the binding but I've seen other people do it and I'm hoping that it won't be a problem but I can always fix it if it is. just haven't had a chance to flex it out yet
Got it. When you get a chance to flex it out, post up some pictures. I like the angles and the clean install. With my 12" 7100s in the stock locations, I'm worried about binding, just like you. So, I figure, if you're safe, I might be too, after I get my orbit eyes.

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #44
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Will Do, I Figure If It's A Problem Poly Bushings Might Help, Otherwise I'll Have To tweak It. I doubt I'll Have A Chance To Test It For A While, Hurt My back At Work Yesterday.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #45
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
solomotorsports makes a weld it yourself kit for us 1st genners 250$ for the kit, not bad but you might be able to find a local fabricator who can do it for cheaper maaaybe. you cant go wrong with solo though.
http://www.solomotorsports.com/produ...oma/95-04-4x4/

Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #46
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Does That Mount On The Outside Of The Frame? won'tThe tires Crush The Shocks?
Old 05-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #47
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

I want BAMF to finalize a 3 link rear kit for factory axles retaining the factory gas tank. Keeping leaves is a last resort.

If thats not an option its time to see what can be accomplished with cantilever shock mounts and longer leafs still over axle.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #48
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Here is how mine is mounted

Old 05-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #49
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Does That Mount On The Outside Of The Frame? won'tThe tires Crush The Shocks?
no habla, you would have to call up solo Motorsports and ask about the details. wish I knew more about there shock relocation, just wanted to show that there was something out there for our first gens.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #50

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
I want BAMF to finalize a 3 link rear kit for factory axles retaining the factory gas tank. Keeping leaves is a last resort.

If thats not an option its time to see what can be accomplished with cantilever shock mounts and longer leafs still over axle.
Pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
no habla, you would have to call up solo Motorsports and ask about the details. wish I knew more about there shock relocation, just wanted to show that there was something out there for our first gens.
Oh, Thought You Had Done It.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #51
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post

Quote:
Pics?
Not the factory axle but you get the point

Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #52
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pics?

Oh, Thought You Had Done It.
BAMF is doing his own SAS 1st gen with opposing three links as we speak. I am hoping he releases a kit for 2nd gen. Not holding breath but hoping.

Im not doing custom suspension fab till truck is paid off. Stick with mid travel till then.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #53
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post

Where is the middle going to go? The third link is what I'm talking about.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #54
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
solomotorsports makes a weld it yourself kit for us 1st genners 250$ for the kit, not bad but you might be able to find a local fabricator who can do it for cheaper maaaybe. you cant go wrong with solo though.
http://www.solomotorsports.com/produ...oma/95-04-4x4/

Hmm, I really like that kit...
Old 05-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #55
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Whats HAMF?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #56
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Where is the middle going to go? The third link is what I'm talking about.
At the center of the axle and at the frame just behind the cab.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #57
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At the center of the axle and at the frame just behind the cab.

Kind of thought so. Just checking. That is a pretty cool setup. Are you going to cut into the bed for the c/o?
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #58
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Kind of thought so. Just checking. That is a pretty cool setup. Are you going to cut into the bed for the c/o?
Yep I'm running 16" ORI's
Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #59
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Here's my rear by DMZ, without cutting into the bed.

Nice! Whats your rear setup?