Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Shock relocation thread

Old 05-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #61
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
Custom DMZ SUA leafs, 12" Bypass shocks.
springs, shackles?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #63
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176041

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...ck-mounts.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ml#post4212883
Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #65
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Switched to Defined SUA and King Short Bodies that fit my Hoops

Ride height up travel
Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #66
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed! Don't know how the hell I missed this thread haha
Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #67
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Without getting to crazy, does anyone know of simple way or kit to relocate the right side rear shock from the position forward of the axle to behind the axle.

This would be to offer better protection.

I would prefer to do just the one side. The simple idea is to cut the existing bracket of the frame and relocate it. Unfortunately it seems Toyota designed the same bracket for both sides. This would make the relocated bracket at the wrong angle.

I am considering the easiest method is to install boots over the two rear shocks and keep it real simple.

Any ideas?

PK
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #68
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I mean, its still kinda crazy...but look into the BAMF shock relocation tower....it allows you to stuff a 12" shock up under there and relocate. I don't see why you cant just reverse the open resi sides when welding up the mount and have both sides be on the back side of the axle instead of the front...
Old 05-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #69
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Hmm, I really like that kit...
same, i wanna know if its gonna rub or not
Old 05-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #70
GEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KELLEN
GEARAHOLIC's Tacoma Gallery

Old 05-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #71
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
Custom DMZ SUA leafs, 12" Bypass shocks.
thx
Old 05-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #72
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6189
Old 05-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #73

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Without getting to crazy, does anyone know of simple way or kit to relocate the right side rear shock from the position forward of the axle to behind the axle.

This would be to offer better protection.

I would prefer to do just the one side. The simple idea is to cut the existing bracket of the frame and relocate it. Unfortunately it seems Toyota designed the same bracket for both sides. This would make the relocated bracket at the wrong angle.

I am considering the easiest method is to install boots over the two rear shocks and keep it real simple.

Any ideas?

PK
Maybe somehthing like this? But you would need to completely fab that mount yourself as he did.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost....16&postcount=9

Here's his build thread.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28073
http://seth.phizz.net/tacoma/mods/shock_relo.html
Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #75

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...t-install.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-question.html
Old 05-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #76
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARAHOLIC View Post

Hey GEARAHOLIC,

Do you have any pictures of your shock bushings with your suspension fully flexed out? Do they get close to bindin? Nice, clean install, BTW
Old 05-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #77

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARAHOLIC View Post

Do you have any specs or build pics of these mounts? Are the metal bars welded to the frame solid or hollow? What thickness are they?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #78

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-build-13.html
Old 05-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #79
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, I finally got my rear shock relocation taken care of over the weekend. Pretty basic 1st Gen set up. Welded in a new crossmember, used some new shock mounts from RuffStuff and reused my OME shocks.

With my lift the stock mounting was limiting droop. My new mounts are slightly lower and closer together. I'm not bottoming them out but it allowed for a few more inches of droop. I went with a parallel setup because I do a lot of road driving and long moderate speed dirt road stuff. The parallel setup has better lateral stability than the angled /\ trail setup.

I used the TG ubolt flip and also used some 4Crawler axle relocation plates to move my axle back .3/4" to fit in the wheel wells better.

Nothing fancy but it works. I drove up the ramp at the Toyota Dealer down the street at lunch today to measure for bumpstops. I've got about .5" of travel left in the shock at full droop and about 2" of compression left. Works for me. In the real world on the trail it will probably stuff a bit more which should be about perfect.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #80
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work!!