Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Shock relocation thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #101
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to weld my rear cross member this weekend and I'm trying to determine how far back I want it to go while trying to maximize full useage of the shock, up and down travel. In order to maximize full useage of the shock I was planning on having an angle like this / instead of a more vertical angle like this l.

What are the disadvantages to having a shock lean further back than almost vertical?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #102
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
decreased dampning the further away from vertical you get.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #103
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm planning on mounting them rearward between 35°-40° from the axle. Do you think might cause any issues?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #104
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
I'm planning on mounting them rearward between 35°-40° from the axle. Do you think might cause any issues?
Shouldn't as long is they don't limit travel or bottom out.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #105

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
They're are 10" shocks & my leafs give me 11.5" of travel. If I put them at 40 degrees rearward I can get the full 11.5" of travel with the shocks.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #106
01tacorunner
01tacorunner is on a distinguished road

Name: charlie
01tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
can you post pictures of this build? i want to do the EXACT same thing and need a little guidance
Old 12-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #107
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
I was researching the pelfreybilt relocation kit. Anyone have any comments on these?

I am looking to run the All Pro Expos, XJ shackles (flipped) and a 12" or 14" shock.
(I currently have a 6" prochump lift w/ blocks I am looking to get rid of)

I also would like to know if it is and why it would be necessary to relocate the stock mounts on the axle. The pelfreybilt kit doesn't seem to include these.

Thanks.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #108
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
The pelfrey kit includes all you need including the axle tabs. it's great imo! but if you flip ur shackles you will need to have it fabbed to work with the flipped kit since it will need to be bumped differently. I like mine just fine without a shackle flip and the expo pack. Just make sure you fab and measure when installing to get it right.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #109
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

In order to gain the extra height ill have to do a shackle flip with an extended shackle.

The kit does have axle relocate tabs. Good to hear.

What size bumpstop can you use with the kit. I was looking at the Radflo hydros and the have a 2.0 and a 2.5 there is quite a price difference as well.

Thanks.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #110
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the kit is a 2.0 bump size. but you can shape it to fit a 2.5 if you want i spose.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #111
VA6DCO

For an extra $110 and added effort to make it fit, maybe ill stick with the 2.0. Lol

How long have you had you kit for? Any notables during install and application I should know about?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #112
PutterClutch

Yea 2.0 has been plenty of bump for me. I carry lots of weight so having a shock valved for the weight was the biggest change and then the bump to help the bottoming was awesome. You get used to the clicking of the bumps. Just make sure you get a forklift to cycle it before you burn it in permanently. Getting the bump position right is a big deal so you don't neg arch your leafs too much. Other than that positioning the hoop on the plate might be interesting with your amount of lift to run a 12" and use all of it right. Just call Tyler to hash out the details, he's very helpfull.

Kit has been on my truck for probably 3 months
Old 12-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #113
VA6DCO

Excellent info. Thanks a ton.
Is Tyler with Pelfreybilt?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #114
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Excellent info. Thanks a ton.
Is Tyler with Pelfreybilt?
Tyler is Pelfreybilt
Old 12-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #115
VA6DCO

Very good. Does he have a hook here?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #116
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Very good. Does he have a hook here?
Hook?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-off-road.html

http://www.pelfreybilt.com
Old 12-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #117
PutterClutch

Thanks Patty!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #118
I got you!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #119
PutterClutch

huuuuuurd that!

BTW salt in WI sucks! its eating away at all my shit I didn't paint good enought. Can't wait to get back to WY just sand and no plowing.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #120
VA6DCO

Alright!

Thanks again guys.