Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Another 4" spindle lift question

Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Greywolf is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
Greywolf's Tacoma Gallery
Another 4" spindle lift question

I found this lift on HeadStrong off-road. I plan on staying with the stock rims and tires 265-65-17 will i need to use spacers?
Thanks.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, you can maybe do 1" bora or def spiders 1.25". Its the back spacing of your wheels, it will just put the inside lip of your rim/tire to close to spindle arm causing you to rub.

Sweet package!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
I like this package! Thanks for posting this, DEFINITELY on my list now...
and yeah what he said about the spacers.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. Now how bad will it look with 265-65-17's
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the spiders 1.25 on my truck and it looks decent. You can a used set on here for quite a bit off retail. Good to have for piece of mind.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Thanks for the info. Now how bad will it look with 265-65-17's
Well it won't look great, bigger tire would, but it won't look bad either. Seen a couple trucks with the 265s and spindles and not bad at all.

Little more tire is always a plus though, just leave the bilies set to zero and all should be fine. I hear those spindles lift you 3.75".

Search around on here and check some photos out w/spindles and 265s, they are on here
Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Well it won't look great, bigger tire would, but it won't look bad either. Seen a couple trucks with the 265s and spindles and not bad at all.

Little more tire is always a plus though, just leave the bilies set to zero and all should be fine. I hear those spindles lift you 3.75".

Search around on here and check some photos out w/spindles and 265s, they are on here
Can't afford the big tires and rims yet, thats why I will run stock tires and rims. Thanks for the info though
Old 02-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Op, did you ended up installing this kit? If so:
How does the ride compares with the original ride?
Any cons?
Pictures?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tano View Post
Any cons?
Pictures?

Thanks
Spindles keep the ride stock unless you adjust the Bilstiens which reload the coils. The OME packs may be a bit stiffer in the rear in the beginning, but once you break them in they should ride better.

I would love to photos of someone with the kit though.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tano View Post
Any cons?
Pictures?

Thanks
Have not bought the lift yet still alittle short on funds then i have to find someone to install it.I also wondering if you would need UCA's too.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Have not bought the lift yet still alittle short on funds then i have to find someone to install it.I also wondering if you would need UCA's too.
Nope, only if you plan to max the Bilies out. Still yet you could get away without new UCAs, you would just be pushing it with the alignment at the 2.5 setting.

Thatís the beauty of the spindles, you get the lift you need (3.75Ē-4.0Ē), can use the bilies as intended and replace stock shocks, keep your stock coils which ride nice and leave you UCAs alone and get spot on alignment when all said and done. You can also go a bit higher in the front if you want and spend nothing more thanks to the adj bilies. Itís a really complete kit thatís for sure.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #12
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
you dont need a uca....and i dont think you need spacers if you run stock tires.