Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Extended Length Brake Lines

Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
cstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carl
cstephan's Tacoma Gallery
Extended Length Brake Lines

Hey guys, i just got my complete lift in from IronMan 4x4 2.5" lift. I wanted to know, would you guys also recommend buying some extended length brake lines?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to be flexing out the rear suspension a bunch, it is an extra safeguard to get longer rear lines.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
it is really not required, my current rear shocks are 24.75inches extended, so a bit longer than what comes with OME or IronMan (I believe they use the same length rear shock) and there is no need for longer lines. I'm going to go an inch longer this spring and there is still no need, but what I will do is space the mount for the brake lines up 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch to be sure i still have a safe amount of slack. there is a thread somewhere about this but not sure where, very simple and cheaper and result is same.