Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Anyway to raise STOCK Front end.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
ZackPaul is on a distinguished road
ZackPaul's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to ZackPaul
Anyway to raise STOCK Front end.

Hey guys, i was wondering if there was anyway i could alter my front end to sit higher/level with my back end without spending any money on a lift kit. I have heard of people altering their torsion bars on different pick ups which made the truck sit higher or level, their choice, but is there anything i can do?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
a set of bilstein 5100's in the front may do the trick for ya.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
hmm.. how much higher would make it sit level ??
Old 08-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
I think spacers alone would do it for you?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Spacers

I put 1.5 inch leveling spacers on mine and now the front is about 1/2 inch higher than the rear. I bought some 1 inch blocks for the rear but haven't installed them yet. Not sure if I will or not. I hear that getting the suspension TSB done will raise the rear about an inch so I may look into that option instead of the blocks.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if a 1.5" spacer will raise it .5" higher than the back, y do they sell 2.5" leveling spacers? that would raise it 1.5" over the rear...hypothetically
Old 08-23-2007, 12:33 AM   #7
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
There is no way to lift the front without a "lift kit" other than the Bilstein 5100's. BTW, 1st gen Tacos don't have torsion bars.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #8
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Spacers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if a 1.5" spacer will raise it .5" higher than the back, y do they sell 2.5" leveling spacers? that would raise it 1.5" over the rear...hypothetically
Not sure about that, but before I had the spacers installed, the rear was 2 inches higher than the front.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
There is no way to lift the front without a "lift kit" other than the Bilstein 5100's. BTW, 1st gen Tacos don't have torsion bars.
If you would have noticed i stated that some people have messed with their torsion bars on DIFFERENT trucks. Then i asked if there was a way to make my tacoma sit level.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:44 PM   #10
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Christ, don't get panties in a bunch, just trying to help you out and mis-read it, geez.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #11
Lol, no no, sorry man, im just clearing things up, thanks for helping though
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #12
XxMalfunktionxX is on a distinguished road

XxMalfunktionxX's Tacoma Gallery
So then..essentially..on my stock truck..if I just get a 2.5'' spacer kit..and throw on some bigger tires..I will get the pre runner look for my truck then..i wont have to or want to lift my rear..Zack i think the best way would be to grab some spacers dude and get some bigger tires perhaps and you should be good to go man.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #13
Deezz22 is on a distinguished road

Deezz22's Tacoma Gallery
i just put some 5100's on last weekend and they worked out great for me for leveling the truck out perectly!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #14
Bayou2coma is on a distinguished road

Bayou2coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezz22 View Post
i just put some 5100's on last weekend and they worked out great for me for leveling the truck out perectly!!!
Hey what do you have yours adjusted to? I just got my 5100's in today and I am going to be putting 285/60-18's, which is the same height as yours but just a little wider.