Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OPINIONS: Suspension setups I am debating between..

Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
OPINIONS: Suspension setups I am debating between..

Currently have a setup, but looking to switch some things up for a better ride on and off road (mostly on rd.), and to have an overall clean looking lift nothing crazy.

I purchased some new suspension components and now i am starting to second guess my choice. I haven't installed it yet, but I have spent a lot of time looking through pictures of similar setups (just going off pics from what i have seen).

What I don't want is for the truck to be too high and give it one of those looks. The best way I can really describe what i mean by "looks" without offending anyone is when i see trucks that are lifted to the point that it just looks ridiculous as if they are just interested in seeing how high they can go and not worried about how stupid it looks in my opinion, and you sit there wondering how they get into it (well at least I do). Haven't really seen any Taco's like this, but just saying.

2011 DCSB TRD Sport 2wd.

1. Current setup: Approx 2.5" lift. Gives it a clean look, but looking for better ride, and a little more out of the lift.
Front:
-Bilstein 5100 set at .85 with Eibach springs. (rides rough)
Rear:
-Bilstein 5100 with 1.5 aal.

2. Just purchased setup (not installed yet): Approx 4-4.5" lift. Initially, at first I thought this setup looked awesome. Out of all my friends I am the only one with a truck lifted and after getting some opinions with this set up from them after purchasing i am a little worried about it being too high. Just going off of pictures i have seen and would like some opinions on what you guys think as far as height of this lift. Looks clean, too high, etc ?
Front:
-Icon 2.5 extended travel coilovers (would set coils for taco lean and leveled look with rear setup)
-Icon UCA
-Maxtrac spindles
Rear:
-Bilstein RCD extended shocks from DSM almost 11" travel from what they told me.
-All-pro Expo leaf pack. 4" of lift without any weight in bed.

3. Change out front and rear, but stay around current height. Approx 2.5-3" lift.
Front:
-Icon 2.5 extended coilovers
-Icon UCA
Rear:
-New leaf pack with 1.5 lift not sure which one i would go with.
- Bilstein 5100

I know its my decision and everyone has a different taste in what they like or don't like, so i am just looking for some OPINIONS. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
First off, piss on what your friends think, & if you're the lone soldier of your circle that has a lift what they think is of little importance, they probably live in the lowered world I suspect, it only matters what YOU think , its your truck after all, thats all I got for ya & thats my opinion.....