Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Can I use some of my Toytec 3" lift with a 6" lift

Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
dsjacr is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
dsjacr's Tacoma Gallery
Question Can I use some of my Toytec 3" lift with a 6" lift

I have contacted Zone about this and they were very quick to respond with their lift is designed to work with OEM parts.

I personally installed my 3" Toytec lift about 3 weeks ago with 5100's, 2" add a leaf, silver 620# Eibach springs, differential drop, skid pan drop and Light Racing UCA's. At the time, I was torn between the 3" lift or 6" and I opted for the 3". I am now going to install a Zone 6" lift and my questions are. 1) Can I still use my 5100's for front and rear? 2) would it be beneficial to keep the lift spring in the rear and go with a shorter block? 3) Since I will be adding a Relentless aluminum bumper very soon, will the 620# springs be enough to overcome the extra 50ish lbs.? 4) Remove the complete Toytec lift and use stock shocks and stronger springs for the new bumper? I will be running 33x12.5x18 with 4.5" BS. I like the look of the extra fender gap between the tires in which the 3" isn't giving me. I do not do any heavy offroading but I do ride in the woods and mud at an easy pace. Hopefully this newb question isn't too confusing. I have searched for my answers but can't seem to find anything elsewhere that is similar. Thanks

09' Double Cab TRD Sport 4wd
Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #3

dsjacr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Is zone a body lift or a drop braket lift
I believe that it is a drop bracket. Thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #4

dsjacr's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
1.no
2.yes blocks are bad
3.yes, just might want to add some preload to the springs
4. I'm pretty sure stacking a 3" and a 6" lift would cause problems. Take the toytec out.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #6

dsjacr's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

[QUOTE=Oowen;6426432]1.no
2.yes blocks are bad
4. I'm pretty sure stacking a 3" and a 6" lift would cause problems. Take the toytec out.[/QUOT

A couple more questions. The answer was no to question 1 and I just want to clarify for myself. Even with the clip being set to the stock position on the 5100s up front and the top coil spring spacers removed? I understand that a slight preload may be needed for the new bumper. For the rear to be level with the 6" lift and retaining the 2" leaf springs I would use a shorter lift block of approximately 2" instead of the 4" block supplied in the kit? The shorter block will be better since taller blocks add more stress? I will need to use the Zone shocks for the rear and remove the Billy's? Thanks again!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=dsjacr;6426867]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
1.no
2.yes blocks are bad
4. I'm pretty sure stacking a 3" and a 6" lift would cause problems. Take the toytec out.[/QUOT

A couple more questions. The answer was no to question 1 and I just want to clarify for myself. Even with the clip being set to the stock position on the 5100s up front and the top coil spring spacers removed? I understand that a slight preload may be needed for the new bumper. For the rear to be level with the 6" lift and retaining the 2" leaf springs I would use a shorter lift block of approximately 2" instead of the 4" block supplied in the kit? The shorter block will be better since taller blocks add more stress? I will need to use the Zone shocks for the rear and remove the Billy's? Thanks again!

1. I thought you had something different, it will work with existing lift.
2. With rear I have no experience with blocks, I'd say it would be fairly level.
3. Yes you will need to use the longer shocks provided with the zone lift.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #8

dsjacr's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I am now checking into Alcans for the rear instead of blocks. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjacr View Post
I am now checking into Alcans for the rear instead of blocks. Thanks for your help.
Alcans are awesome!! Good luck. Post finished pictures