Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

tierod rubbing procomp stage 2 shocks

Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
07tacoswb's Tacoma Gallery
Question tierod rubbing procomp stage 2 shock spring

I have had this issue since installing my lift 2 years ago on my 07 4x4 lb sport. Even after installing my lr uca's and have my alignment check twice it still rubs. It is only rubbing on the drivers side. At full right lock the outer tierod comes in contact with the stage 2 shock spring. I even called procomp and they told me that this was just going to happen. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix or a better alignment setting to try. I even set the drivers side uca to 1.5 to move the tire forward a little. Still bumps it. Its driving me crazy. Looking for a fix. Please help. Thanks
Old 11-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Has anyone else had this issue with Procomp's 6" lift stage 2?
Old 11-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #5

Yeah everything is installed correctly. As you can see the tie rod is close to contacting when the steering wheel is straight. When at almost full lock on a right hand turn it is rubbing. You can see the mark on the spring from the contact. I can't even get the most caster out of my LR arms because they are rubbing all the time. I only have about 1.5 degrees. Steering is loose. The passenger side is not a problem. Also I'm afraid that if I move the wheel back in the wheel well that I'm going to have some serious rubbing on the frame/wheel well when turning.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #7

yeah let me know. How much caster do you have with your UCA's. I should be able to get what ever I need from the LR's but this rubbing is crazy.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #9

I have the Light Racing UCA's. I upgraded them from the rubber bushings to the poly's. I also just bought some Energy Suspension poly's for the steering rack in hopes to help with the loose steering feel. i just need to install them. Is your steering real loose feeling with your larger tires?