1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CB drop, diff drop and axle shim questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Fox2011PM, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Feb 12, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Fox2011PM

Fox2011PM [OP] "The Mountains are calling"

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB 4X4 TRD OR
    ADS 2.5" CO's w/adj, ADS 2.5" Rears w/ piggybacks, Firestone air bags and 1.5" AAL, SCS SR8s, Tom Woods custom one piece drive shaft....more to come
    I received my lift a couple of days ago and need some opinions. I have a 2013 DCSB TRD OR 4x4. I got the 5100s x4, with Eibach's set at .85, and a Toytec 2" AAL. I know that several people are getting different results from installing these. I want to obviously have zero vibes if possible. I also don't want to waste time installing any of these options if they are not needed. The kit came with the shims, the CB drop and diff drop. Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated!

2. Feb 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    coseng

coseng Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grove City, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD DC
    OME 885x front, Dakars rear, LR UCAs, ECGS bushing
    I am pursuing the same outcome. No vibes.

I have a full OME kit, 885x on the front with driver side trim packer and no top plate spacers. LR UCAS, Dakar pack on the back.

Before I put the lift on I installed the ECGS bushing in the front diff and ran it for a week at stock height to ensure I had a good installation.

The next weekend I installed the rest of the components.

I did put on a front diff drop although most would recommend against it.

In the rear I utilized steel three degree shims under the Dakars and 3/8" spacers at the center carrier bearing.

This set up resulted in almost no perceivable vibes, but I am very picky. I think I can still feel something between 25 and 30 mph. It is VERY slight and I tried to just get over it, but I haven't. So.....I ordered. 1 1/2" carrier bearing drop from beefed taco. I am hoping this will make the truck vibe free.

Either way I am enjoying the manners of the lifted truck very much.

3. Feb 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    MJM777

MJM777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.E. Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB 4x4 Sport
    Sub'd

4. Feb 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Have you given it a try without the shims or spacers? If not it might be worth a try before installing the carrier bearing drop. Many people with the same lift get no vibes if they do not install those options.

5. Feb 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    Boost JuNkY

Boost JuNkY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2003 TACOMA DC OFF ROAD
    35'S ON 3s
    The CB spacer and diff drop didnt do anything for me so I took em off. The 3* axle shims, I highly recommend. They fixed my vibration issue. This is with 3.5" rear lift
    Been lucky so far that my front diff bearing is still holding up.

6. Feb 13, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    coseng

coseng Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grove City, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD DC
    OME 885x front, Dakars rear, LR UCAs, ECGS bushing
    I didnt try the lift without any corrective components unfortunately. I don't have a baseline to compare to other than how the truck drove pre-lift.

I'm sure most would classify my truck as 'vibration free' as it is. I unfortunately am very particular and cant leave well enough alone. It won't hurt to try the stock placement of the carrier bearing drop. Thanks.

In my opinion from all the reading I've done here, a new bushing and axle shims shold be considered If your planning on lifting your truck. These consistently seem to produce the most positive results for members. I don't think the brand of kit chosen matters much, only the amount of lift achieved. Lastly, individual tolerance will effect everyones perception of the outcome. Like I stated, my issues are very very slight and may be considered non existent by someone else.

7. Feb 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    ^^^ Cool. Good luck with it all. There's a ton of threads about vibrations - so much information to wade through. I thought I had a very slight vibe originally but then wasn't sure if it was the lift or the result of switching to new A/T tires. Now I don't notice a thing and not sure if there was something to begin with.

Products Discussed in

To Top