1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

King Shock question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by PMK, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Feb 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM
    PMK

PMK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    It looks like I will be going with King shocks.

One question I have not seen an answer to is about the ability to buy shocks for all four corners without rezzys.

Rezzys are cool and all, plus allow the compression adjuster and floating piston to be contained within the rezzy, this can allow more shock / shaft travel.

My goal, is to build a non lifted truck, which will have the same up travel or slightly better, with increased down travel, and no rezzys.

Wondering if this even exists.

PK

2. Feb 13, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    I don't think king makes non resi shocks for 2nd gen

3. Feb 13, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    2012TXbaja

2012TXbaja Active Member

Member:
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunner
    Tinted windows, 6" Fabtech lift kit with Dirt Logic coilovers & Smoothies
    King makes shocks with reservoirs, piggyback & non-reservior. King fabricates the shock to the customers choice and they also make sure the shock is set up for your vehicle (spring rate, valving) before they ship it off.

Front shocks:
    http://www.kingshocks.com/products/performance/coilover-performance-race/#tabs

Rear shocks:

http://www.kingshocks.com/products/performance/smoothie-performance-race/#tabs

Also from what I have learned reading here, one of the best places to order King shocks would be:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/b-610-king-shock-technology.html

When I get the money, I will be ordering King shocks for my truck. I hope this information helps you out as much as it has helped me out.

Products Discussed in

To Top