1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Truck Mild Lift Q's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Buddee, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Feb 13, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    Buddee

Buddee [OP] Member

Member:
    First post... been lurking for about a month. Going to be buying a 2013 Double Cab 4x4 very soon. Putiing a small lift in right away and repalcing the tires with some 32" BFG AT's.

I have read for hours about lifts on here... I should also mention I'm not new lift's... been building Jeeps for 15 years... just sold mine that had 38.5" Super Swamper SX's on 1 ton axles that I built from frame up.

Back to Toys....Short term plan is to run a 2.5" or 3" spacer lift up front and I'm going to make up my own leaf pack in the back by adding some Jeep YJ' (2.5" wide ) springs (maybe 2) as I want to keep some of the rake in the back. The question I have is whether or not there is any significant difference from the 2.5" and 3" spacer on the angles of the CV's? From what I've read the diff drop does little to nothing. Dealerships around here are not very warrenty friendly on lifts. If I replace with Billy's and/or new coils they will likely try and give me grief on warrenty.... and I'm getting a little too old to fight with some counter guy who wouldn't know u-joint from a u-bolt!

Longer term plan (warrenty expires) will be SAS and 1 ton axles.

I should mention that this truck will not be used for off-road/ rock crawling. It's pavement and trips to my cottage. I'm only going for look with the lift and tires.

Great site and thanks for your input.

2. Feb 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    You know a thing or two about lifts, yet you want to run a spacer lift on a BRAND new truck? Put something good under there, not just some stupid hockey pucks.

Products Discussed in

To Top