Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Carier bearing drop with stock suspension and rear TSB

Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Carier bearing drop with stock suspension and rear TSB

Been trying to find info on this. I have a stock 2010 4x4 AC and I notice a vibration under acceleration at times. It's mild but its there. Was wondering if a small CB drop would be a problem on a stock suspension? What I'm worried about is the drive shaft not having enough play with the CB drop when the suspension is under full load, like hitting a big dip. My thinking is that by decreasing the angle of the shafts, I will shorten the distance the shafts can travel (compress) when the suspension is compressed. I'm looking at this in regards to the distance between the ends of two segments when the angle in between them is decreased. Anyone do this on a stock suspension?

Thanks for reading through my painful description and explanation.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Try flipping the CB and see if that helps. I flipped mine 180 degrees, bolted it back in place and filled around the bearing itself with RTV Silicone to help limit the amount of play it had with the stock rubber. It seems to have helped.