Notices

OME coilover couple questions

Old 02-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Stansbery is on a distinguished road

Army: WTB C co.
Name: Josh Stansbery
Stansbery's Tacoma Gallery
OME coilover couple questions

1. Can you install spacers on OME 90000 coilovers?

2. How can I tell which coils I have? Like the 884 or 886.

Thanks in advance
--Stansbery
Old 02-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
Stansbery is on a distinguished road

Army: WTB C co.
Name: Josh Stansbery
Stansbery's Tacoma Gallery
Bump...Anyone know?? Im wanting to buy the 886's but im not sure if i already have them installed. I bought the taco with them already on it.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stansbery View Post
1. Can you install spacers on OME 90000 coilovers?

2. How can I tell which coils I have? Like the 884 or 886.

Thanks in advance
--Stansbery
You can use a top plate spacer with virtually any coilover but stacking lifts is generally not a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stansbery View Post
Bump...Anyone know?? Im wanting to buy the 886's but im not sure if i already have them installed. I bought the taco with them already on it.
How much lift do you have and how much weight is on the front of the truck? I'd bet it's stamped on the coils somewhere but I'm not sure if you'd be able to see it with the coilovers assembled and on the truck. Off the truck, the spring free height should give away which coil you have.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
If you have 886s it should be pretty evident, the ride will be stiff especially if you have no weight up front (plate bumper, winch, skids, sliders..). 885s give roughly 2.5" of lift on the front with no weight assuming you are a double cab, 884s about 2" also assuming you are a double cab. These are just general guidelines and shouldn't be taken literally.