Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Newbee question

Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
TacomaTrout is on a distinguished road

TacomaTrout's Tacoma Gallery
Newbee question

Hey all, really like the site and love the mods you've done on your trucks.

My tacoma is my day to day commuter vehicle but I do a fair amount of driving on bumpy forest roads. With my truck loaded with passengers and camping gear the stock suspension (2010 TRD Sport package, Bilstein shocks) is a little spongy. I'm looking for a bit more stiffness. I'm open to getting a small lift but I'd like to keep the performance on the hwy as well. I don't mind paying a bit extra for performance if it makes sense for my application.

Any advice or testimonials are welcome. If you have ballpark prices with installation that would also be really helpful.

Thanks! Jerry
Old 02-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Ome 3" with dakars

And welcome to Tw
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
OME. Feels stock, but stiffer.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Trout! Where in Norcal are you? Chances are there are members around you.

Maybe a first step would be to replace those crappy TRD Bilstiens with the 5100's, MUCH better shocks that the TRD ones. The improvement in how the truck handles was very noticeable.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
TacomaTrout is on a distinguished road

TacomaTrout's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies. I've been eyeing the OME 2.75" kit on Wheelers. Good to hear people are stoked on it. Looks like a winner.

I'm in the San Jose area and I'm starting to shop around the install. Midas quoted me $800. Yikes!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
for install? Post in the Cal threads. You may get some people that will help for a couple beers and dinner
Old 02-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTrout View Post
Thanks for the replies. I've been eyeing the OME 2.75" kit on Wheelers. Good to hear people are stoked on it. Looks like a winner.

I'm in the San Jose area and I'm starting to shop around the install. Midas quoted me $800. Yikes!
Fuck Midas, we are all DIY guys around here, save yourself the bones bud and say hi here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...bs-thread.html and check in over here :http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...pril-13th.html this is the first big mod day of the season, it's a long ways to go but the work is top notch to which you will participate in helping to get done. I can't tell you how much money I have saved not having to pay people to hang parts on my truck. We're all pretty cool folks and you will make some good friends on this site.