Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spindle lift questions?

Old 02-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
DoubleYotaBoy is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
DoubleYotaBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Spindle lift questions?

Im new to this page so please take it easy on me. I have an 06 tacoma prerunner and have 2.25 ready lift leveling spacers which I regret every day, and I am heavily considering the Maxtrac 4 inch spindles. I have read alot of posts on here about spindles and different advice on each. I want to run 285 75 16s on factory rims with this lift, will this work without wheel spacers? I dont off road so it is just for looks and road travel. Will I need anything other than the spindles for the lift, such as after market coil springs, there is 70,000 miles on the truck and springs are factory. I also like a little bit of a "lean" on it so I was thinking just a 1 inch lift in the back, but I dont want blocks, any advice? Thanks
Old 02-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Well.. I have the 4 inch spindles and they are great. It doesnt affect the ride and makes it better, because you will be getting rid of the spacers up front. Im not sure about the wheels, but the spindles push the wheels out 3/4". You will have bro lean if you dont have anything in the rear. I would recommend an AAL, which was what I had and it had a slight bro lean. The spindles come with everything you need for the install including the extended brake lines. You dont have to worry about the stock shocks, since spindle have nothing to do with shocks. I no longer have the add a leaf and have a 3 inch leaf pack in the rear.

This is with my add a leaf. (this is the best picture I could find with the lean)
Old 02-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleYotaBoy View Post
Im new to this page so please take it easy on me. I have an 06 tacoma prerunner and have 2.25 ready lift leveling spacers which I regret every day, and I am heavily considering the Maxtrac 4 inch spindles. I have read alot of posts on here about spindles and different advice on each. I want to run 285 75 16s on factory rims with this lift, will this work without wheel spacers? I dont off road so it is just for looks and road travel. Will I need anything other than the spindles for the lift, such as after market coil springs, there is 70,000 miles on the truck and springs are factory. I also like a little bit of a "lean" on it so I was thinking just a 1 inch lift in the back, but I dont want blocks, any advice? Thanks
The beauty of spindles is that you won't need anything other than what maxtrac will send you. Aftermarket coils will help with the ride quality but you don't need them.
I know going bigger than like a 32" on first gens usually requires spacers or aftermarket rims so as to not rub the UCA.
Rear lift get an AAL they'll give you a little stiffer ride but added load capacity and will extend the life of the leaves a bit longer
Old 02-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #5

thanks guys, if it pushes the front tires out 3/4 inch, does that look weird compared to the back tires or do most people put wheel spacers on the rear tires to match?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleYotaBoy View Post
thanks guys, if it pushes the front tires out 3/4 inch, does that look weird compared to the back tires or do most people put wheel spacers on the rear tires to match?
Its slightly noticeable, but I dont really care and I have not put wheel spacer on the rear.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Its slightly noticeable, but I dont really care and I have not put wheel spacer on the rear.
Thanks man, truck looks good btw
Old 02-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
I have seen alot of people running the 1.25 or 1.5 spacers on the back to compensate for the front wheels being pushed out. If you get spacers make sure you get the hubcentric ones
Preciate it! helps alot
Old 02-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #10
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As long as you have 4.5 back spacing on the wheels you will be ok to run w/o spacers. Instead of a 1" block I would run the 3 leaf pack by either icon or wheelers.
for it to fit without spacers is it 4.5 backspacing and smaller or 4.5 backspacing and bigger?
Old 02-13-2014, 06:02 AM   #12
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
4.5 or less
thanks for the quick response,

damn, so my enkei deep sixes, as big as they are, are gonna need spacers if i go with spindle!!! i think their backspacing is like 5.5 or somethin
Old 02-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #14

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I believe your wheels are 9.5 wide w a 15mm offset so your backspacing would be 5.84
damn, even worse, if i do go with spindle lift, with that backspacing, would 1.25'' even be enough? or would it need to be 1.5''? thanks for your help bornwildguy!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #16

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
hey bornwildguy, sorry for all the q's, i was skimmin through this a lil

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...runners-5.html

and they mentioned the max backspacing will clear for 18's but not 16's, would mine being 20's have any effect on that?
Old 02-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #20

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No 20's will fit but you still will need 4.5 to 4.75 backspacing so if using your wheels you have now you will need spacers. Just go with the 1.25 spacer if using your wheels you have now.
aww damn, ok, thanks, i really do appreciate the help, so before i attempt the install, tryin to hunt down a set now