real bad leaf sag

Old 02-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
PreRunner
stitch is on a distinguished road

Army: ch-47 TI
Name: Erick
stitch's Tacoma Gallery
real bad leaf sag

my leafs have 120k on them and they rainbow with now weight in the back at all. im getting billys 5100 front and back. im using my factory springs. i was wandering if i could use an AAL to fix my leafs or are they too far gone. any help would be great.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
An AAL will only relieve the problem for a little bit, eventually it will die too. Your best bet is a to make custom leaf pack using some junkyard spring packs or an off the shelf aftermarket leaf pack.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
pictures are always helpful but if they are as bad as you say the aal would only be a bandaid for the most part. i would say spend the extra money and get a new leaf pack if you can
Old 02-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
PreRunner

stitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
An AAL will only relieve the problem for a little bit, eventually it will die too. Your best bet is a to make custom leaf pack using some junkyard spring packs or an off the shelf aftermarket leaf pack.
how would you go about doing a custom leaf pack with radom leafs? i have no idea about this stuff. i just want to get my truck back to factory hight for now while i save up for all-pro 5 pack or OME leafs. not sure how long that will be so. if doing a custom pack from a junk yard would fit the bill than please fill me in on how to go that.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch View Post
how would you go about doing a custom leaf pack with radom leafs? i have no idea about this stuff. i just want to get my truck back to factory hight for now while i save up for all-pro 5 pack or OME leafs. not sure how long that will be so. if doing a custom pack from a junk yard would fit the bill than please fill me in on how to go that.
If you plan on going with an aftermarket leaf pack eventually, then save your money and do that.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
PreRunner

stitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
pictures are always helpful but if they are as bad as you say the aal would only be a bandaid for the most part. i would say spend the extra money and get a new leaf pack if you can
sorry tonot27, i dont not have pics. they sit at alittle lower than flat with no weight but i helped a friend move two months ago and just with a washer and dryer my leafs were sagging hella bad. i dont have the money right now to put a new leaf pack but am saving. this is just a temp fix. my shocks and sturts are bad as well. i wanted to get billys 5100 in front and rear. so just looking for options. any info would be great. thx
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
PreRunner

stitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you plan on going with an aftermarket leaf pack eventually, then save your money and do that.
would buying new shocks be a bad idea right now? mine are really bad and need to be replaced. i gont no control on the road. would it mess up the rear shocks if i have bad springs on them for about 8 months?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch View Post
Search "spring refurbishing", there's a whole thread where a member rebuds leaves to your specs, and there's also a lot of info in the thread for people rebuilding their own springs.

You could PM Doug (4wd is his username) and he'll talk to you and help you out where he can
Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
PreRunner

stitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
This

Search "spring refurbishing", there's a whole thread where a member rebuds leaves to your specs, and there's also a lot of info in the thread for people rebuilding their own springs.

You could PM Doug (4wd is his username) and he'll talk to you and help you out where he can
wow, thxs. ill have to contact him.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Heres the thread on spring refurb. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...urbishing.html

If your mechincally inclined I'd do what doug and chris did, if not then just buy a new pack. As said above an aal will only be a bandaid.