Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

N140S OME shock hardware

Old 02-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
N140S OME shock hardware

I ordered the front OME shocks for my lift and was wondering if they came with the top stud mounting hardware (washers, rubber bushing etc...)

Thanks

Gary
Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
Alaska, I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone will shortly. In the meantime, are you ordering all your parts separately? If so where?

I assume your doing OME 885's as well. I am really close to getting the same stuff just not sure if I should buy a full kit or get stuff individually.

The basic stuff I want is, OME 885 coils, OME n140s shocks, and TC UCA's. Is this sort of what you are going with?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

I went with the light racing upper control arms. Talk to Nuebs for the discount code for Toytec, and I found the TC UCA's at offroad warehouse in San Diego for 629.99 plus free shipping. I thought I'd try the Light Racing UCA's I hear they have all their problems worked out.

Gary
Old 02-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaflyer View Post
I went with the light racing upper control arms. Talk to Nuebs for the discount code for Toytec, and I found the TC UCA's at offroad warehouse in San Diego for 629.99 plus free shipping. I thought I'd try the Light Racing UCA's I hear they have all their problems worked out.

Gary

Thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandfire View Post
Alaska, I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone will shortly. In the meantime, are you ordering all your parts separately? If so where?

I assume your doing OME 885's as well. I am really close to getting the same stuff just not sure if I should buy a full kit or get stuff individually.

The basic stuff I want is, OME 885 coils, OME n140s shocks, and TC UCA's. Is this sort of what you are going with?
That's what I did. I bought everything seperately. I went with the OME 885's, read AAL's, Billy 5100's all around and TC UCA's. And a bunch of other stuff here and there. But if I'm not mistaken, I think toytec has some pretty good priced sets.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ordered the front OME shocks for my lift and was wondering if they came with the top stud mounting hardware (washers, rubber bushing etc...)

Thanks

Gary
You re-use the top plate from your current shocks. I'm pretty sure there is a new rubber bushing, washer and nut. Don't throw anything away from the old shocks before you get the new ones all back together!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
^^
What he said.
Mike is that you again!!! Man, can't go anywhere on TW without you sticking your nose everywhere!!! Haha!!! I'm just messin!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
My other ride Hovers

I have another set of top plates, I want to build them up and just swap them out with the stock ones. If I end up selling this truck in the next couple of years I want to return it to stock. I just needed to know if I needed the fat rubber bushing and washers and nut for the top. I have everything else, just not sure if what I need is coming with my new shocks.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have another set of top plates, I want to build them up and just swap them out with the stock ones. If I end up selling this truck in the next couple of years I want to return it to stock. I just needed to know if I needed the fat rubber bushing and washers and nut for the top. I have everything else, just not sure if what I need is coming with my new shocks.
You will need to order the Top Plate, and the rubber Spring Isolator. The New top plate will have the studs on them. The shocks will have everything else.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
My other ride Hovers

I have a set of top plates and spring isolators. didn't know what the rubber bushings in the shock hardware is called, drawin a blank for some reason today,(Hmm too much beer last night?) I have everything I need then cool!

Thanks guys

Gary
Old 02-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Edit, as I didnt read that you already had the top plates and isolators.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
another guy with a tacoma
ToyoRunner has a spectacular aura aboutToyoRunner has a spectacular aura about
ToyoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Gary
I was also planning on getting a set of the Light Racing UCA's. Let us know how it works out for ya.