Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

looking for suggestions on a three inch lift

Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
koda boy is on a distinguished road
koda boy's Tacoma Gallery
looking for suggestions on a three inch lift

hi first time on this site.. i got a 06 tacoma trd and im thinking i want a three inch lift with tires and rims. i dont really know much about lift kits and could use some suggestions on which direction to go.. i would like good quality, but im not going to be using it for off roading very often..
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Best idea is to search the site. Theres a bazillion threads on here about 3" lifts. But 90% of the people here will either tell you to go old man emu or bilsteins and eibachs. I just have over coil spacers on mine.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Good options posted above ^

If you have the extra coin get coilovers
Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I was dead set on the OME lift for a long time, but for just a little more cash, you can get a nice mid travel coilover lift instead. I just ordered mine today.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #7
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I was dead set on the OME lift for a long time, but for just a little more cash, you can get a nice mid travel coilover lift instead. I just ordered mine today.
New uca's too?
id say its worth the wait for c/o's
Old 02-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #8
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yup. Total Chaos
I went with the DSM "build your own MT kit" Fox all around.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #9
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just a little more cash
this is what TW does do you man!

have to draw the line somewhere lol

also op, you can look at my build link below for an example of the OME kit w/ tires but stock rims.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
this is what TW does do you man!

have to draw the line somewhere lol
:sigh: i know...

I was totally content with my new truck until spending time here
Its okay tho. Still gonna have a bad ass, capable truck when its done
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
I've been searching for a little bit now, and haven't come across a dedicated source for mid-travel information. Or rather it's hiding from me.

What are the benefits of mid-travel over coil-overs? I'm looking for a 3" lift that'll also give me more ground clearance. I want function, not just appearance.

What's the average price of a mid-travel kit?
Old 02-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
I've been searching for a little bit now, and haven't come across a dedicated source for mid-travel information. Or rather it's hiding from me.

What are the benefits of mid-travel over coil-overs? I'm looking for a 3" lift that'll also give me more ground clearance. I want function, not just appearance.

What's the average price of a mid-travel kit?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...bs-thread.html
This is the MT thread. Best to ask your questions there. I paid a little over $2500 with new UCAs shipped to Hawaii from down south motorsports. Mainland should be cheaper. They are a vendor here. Just go to their site and click on the "build your own mid travel kit" and choose yor options. With mid travel or extended travel coilovers, you should get a little more up and down travel than just a regular coilover.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #13
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I'll check it out. I'll expect the same price here (darned shipping to Alaska).
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #14
3 7 Mafia
Quote:
Yup. Total Chaos
I went with the DSM "build your own MT kit" Fox all around.
Ver nice!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #15
snooptacoma13 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
snooptacoma13's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a new 13' Tacoma 4x4 all stock and don't know what lift kit to go with.

Like i said i just got a new 13' tacoma trd. it is my first truck and no clue what lift kit to put on. does anyone know what would be a great lift for off road and street. I would like to do both, and recently saved about $1,000 so if anyone could send some ideas that would be great.

Would Toytec ultimate lift kit be a good route????
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I got about 2 inches out of 5100's on the front. I did black rockrock rims with goodyear wrangler 265/70/17's. I like the setup and it didnt break the bank.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
Awesome Member
WarEagleForLife will become famous soon enough
Name: Dylan
WarEagleForLife's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Pro comp 3 inch supsension lift. Comes with 4 es9000 struts, 2 coils, and two add-a-leaf springs. Came out to 500 bucks with tax.