Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear leaf springs

Old 02-20-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
SRE is on a distinguished road
SRE's Tacoma Gallery
Rear leaf springs

New to this forum so please excuse the dumb questions. I have a 04 Tacoma DC 4x4 SRE. The rear leaf springs seem to be arched in the wrong direction. The axle point is higher than the leaf mounts. It this the way they came from the factory? I want to lift it 3 inches and when I say this I was a bit confused. Anyone??
Old 02-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
They're shot and need replacement.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
No, that is not how they come from the factory. You have negative arch. If you take a picture and upload it to this it will be easier to tell you. If you want to lift your truck, I would recommend just getting a whole new leaf pack such as Dakar's or All Pro's depending on how you want to lift it.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #5
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
No, that is not how they come from the factory. You have negative arch. If you take a picture and upload it to this it will be easier to tell you. If you want to lift your truck, I would recommend just getting a whole new leaf pack such as Dakar's or All Pro's depending on how you want to lift it.
^^this