Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

RCD 4" or Fabtech/Procomp 6" lift???

Old 02-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #22
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
I am torn between getting a 6" or RCD's kit. I will not be going above a 33" tire. I tow with my truck, and do not want to do any trimming at all. Any suggestions.

The 4/4.5" kits look good with 33's. And if you are towing alot, the 4" might work out better. Not sure about the 4" kit set up but the 6" kits use a block & an add-a-leaf to achieve the rear lift......which will sag eventually if you're towing major pounds. Add-a-leaf just can't hold up to heavy weight over time.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
Yersinia pestis
Glueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Glueman's Tacoma Gallery
OP, newbie questions like this will get you a lot of grief and little read help. It is helpful to be specific about what you want. What you will be doing with your truck (off roading, mall crawling, etc.). What is your current set up. How much money do you have to spend. Do at least a little research before you ask for others opinions because you will get a whole mess of different answers that probably won't help.

BTW, sorry to hear you're at Ft. Lost in the Woods. I've suffered in that place in a past life. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #24
Sapper is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat engineer
Sapper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glueman View Post
OP, newbie questions like this will get you a lot of grief and little read help. It is helpful to be specific about what you want. What you will be doing with your truck (off roading, mall crawling, etc.). What is your current set up. How much money do you have to spend. Do at least a little research before you ask for others opinions because you will get a whole mess of different answers that probably won't help.

BTW, sorry to hear you're at Ft. Lost in the Woods. I've suffered in that place in a past life. Good luck.

I hear what your saying. The truck will be for looks, I will not be offroading it. Just some camping trips, I will be doing some towing with it as well. The truck is the stock trd off road. The Wood isn't TOOOO bad, I have been in worse areas....LOL. You in the service?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #25
K1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kanon
K1992f's Tacoma Gallery
I had this same problem but I figure in I'm spending 2g on a lift miles go all way 6" that's what I did and upgraded the shocks
Old 02-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #27
Yersinia pestis
Glueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Glueman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
I hear what your saying. The truck will be for looks, I will not be offroading it. Just some camping trips, I will be doing some towing with it as well. The truck is the stock trd off road. The Wood isn't TOOOO bad, I have been in worse areas....LOL. You in the service?
If you just want looks go with a big lift. They "look cool". Not in the service but worked with the Chem school at the Wood helping them with chemical and biological warfare detection.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #31
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
the RCD lift is a nice option i think, then you can add a proper leaf pack to the rear like the all pro expo which gives about 4 inches, nice level truck with slight rake that can still hold some weight in the back and tow without sagging and riding like junk. not too tall for 33's at this height. if i were to do it all over again this is how i would do it.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #32
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
If i had to do over again, I would not get any DB of any sorts. I guess people have to make the purchase them self to relize that the DB lift are worthless.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #33
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
If i had to do over again, I would not get any DB of any sorts.
have you experienced issues with your DB lift? good thing my full OME lift is less than a yr old and i don't have to do it again but am curious to why. i understand what these lifts consist of and the shortcomings. is it because you wheel your truck that you would rather not do this lift again?
Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #34
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Dont go either just get a high preformance 3 inch way better off road.
I tried saying this but he said it wasn't an option
Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #35
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well first of all You do not gain any wheel travel when you put these lift on. You lowering everything to Stuff 35's tires. Yes i wheel my truck my truck. If you do light off roading or no wheeling this lift is great because it makes the truck look bitchen. But if you need to be beast off road it has it short comming because their's no travel and stiff as hell.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #36
the full Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I tried saying this but he said it wasn't an option
IF you are dead set on it your going to buy it and then kick your self in the ass later. That is what i am doing right now.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #38
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
He said he won't be doing any offroading so he will be fine I guess
Old 02-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #40
Sapper is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat engineer
Sapper's Tacoma Gallery
I will not be offroading with this truck, I have a jeep for that, I am just looking for the look, but still want it to ride well. A full coilover setup is crazy expensive, thats why I was interested in the RCD kit, I have had experience with Bilsteins on my jeep and they are great.