Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

RCD 4" or Fabtech/Procomp 6" lift???

Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
Sapper is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat engineer
Sapper's Tacoma Gallery
RCD 4" or Fabtech/Procomp 6" lift???

I am torn between getting a 6" or RCD's kit. I will not be going above a 33" tire. I tow with my truck, and do not want to do any trimming at all. Any suggestions.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
You are willing to cut up your truck to fit a 6" DB lift but not trim your fenders or do a CMC? Lol if you don't want to cut into your truck I recommend a 3" lift
Old 02-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
You are willing to cut up your truck to fit a 6" DB lift but not trim your fenders or do a CMC? Lol if you don't want to cut into your truck I recommend a 3" lift
This.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

In this instance its not hating if he doesn't want to trim simple plastic why is he going to want to make more permanent modifications for a drop bracket lift?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
In this instance its not hating if he doesn't want to trim simple plastic why is he going to want to make more permanent modifications for a drop bracket lift?
Because obviously he wants the look of a 4 or 6" that a 3" obviously isn't gonna give him w/o having to trim doing cab mount chop and deal with tires rubbing. Nothing wrong with cutting the crossmember to install a drop bracket kit since you are installing new stronger bracketry for your lower control arms to mount.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #7
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

But that's what I'm saying it doesn't make any sense.
You aren't hurting anything trimming fenders or doing a CMC.. so why would you want to cut your cross member but not cut plastic..

Without cutting anything you can do a 3 inch lift and a 1" BL and BOOM 4 inches.. no cutting required
Old 02-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
But that's what I'm saying it doesn't make any sense.
You aren't hurting anything trimming fenders or doing a CMC.. so why would you want to cut your cross member but not cut plastic..

Without cutting anything you can do a 3 inch lift and a 1" BL and BOOM 4 inches.. no cutting required
I would rather cut my crossmember to install stronger bracketry versus lifting your entire body off the frame whith some poly/plastic bushings. Body lifts aren't the greatest way to achieve lift.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers

I'd neither cut my cross member nor install a body lift lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #10

It was just an example.. he doesn't want to cut plastic but is fine cutting metal. Doesn't make sense to me but its his lift he can do what he wants
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
Sapper's Tacoma Gallery
I did not realize that it was very minor trimming of some plastic, i just dont want hack the hell out of them. My bad for not looking into that first off. I was just looking for advice to go up to 6" if im planning on running 33s.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #12

You can run 33s on a 3" lift with some trimming and a CMC. You'd never know the CMC was done unless you looked
Old 02-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
Sapper's Tacoma Gallery
Tracking, but the 3" lift is not the kit in question.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #14

Then it's up to you do you want 4 inches or 6?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
Sapper's Tacoma Gallery
That's the question I wanted advice on.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #16

I mean that's really a personal preference. What are you looking for?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #17
Sapper's Tacoma Gallery
Which would look better with 33s.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #18

4" IMO. 6" looks better with 35s
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #19
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if you're 4wd or 2wd, but if you're 2wd you should look in to the maxxtrac spindles. Those will give you 4'' and then, if you feels so inclined, you can throw some 2'' lift coils or a hat spacer on later if you feel you really want the 6 full inches.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
Sapper's Tacoma Gallery
It's 4wd