Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Good lube for leaf's

Old 02-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Good lube for leaf's

Hey guys my leafs are squeaking like a mother and while i'm on the investigation for a new set of leafs to get me off the blocks, i'd like to stop te squeaking.
Does any know of good grease or lube that I can use for the leafs besides WD-40??
Thannks.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of ongoing discussion about squeaky leafs. Most of the time a simple lube will only fix the squeaks temporarily, there are other methods of a semi-permanent solution though.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-leaf-fix.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...rs-dakars.html
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Dry lubricants work best, teflon spray or graphite. Grease and oils attract dirt and will only cure the noises for a short period of time.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I tried a graphite based spray lube, cleaned them real well, separated each leaf and coated each contact point with the lube. Next day, without any wheeling, squeak was back and worse than ever. Being pissed, I hosed them down with wd40, squeak was gone for like a month, even with some dusty trips in between. I've got some thin rubber strips I'm going to try this spring.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you spray between the leafs?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
There are graphite paints for sale at most farm stores like Coastal and Wilco. I bought some and it has come in handy for things that cannot attract dust or dirt. It stays in place.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
go to a spray and wash and pressure wash the crap out of your leafs. Its temporary fix but it always works for me.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
northern cal is on a distinguished road
northern cal's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

tire lube. The stuff used for mounting tires. put it in a spray bottle. not permanent but lasts a good while, works like a charm. no oil, no grease.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
This stuff. Lasts about 3 or 4 months depending on weather and driving conditions. Power wash your leaf springs and let them dry completely, apply some of the Teflon DRY lube, flex a little, spray some more, done

Old 02-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Pressure wash then dry moly