Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help on rear lift

Old 02-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
lucabi will become famous soon enoughlucabi will become famous soon enough
Name: lucabi
lucabi's Tacoma Gallery
Need help on rear lift

Need some advice and suggestion on what I can do to get an addition 1" or 1.5" of lift in the rear after putting a camper on. The problem is that I have the TSB on one side, the other still have the non-TSB 3 leaf (long story). Don't have the fund to get a new leaf pack. What are my options?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucabi View Post
Need some advice and suggestion on what I can do to get an addition 1" or 1.5" of lift in the rear after putting a camper on. The problem is that I have the TSB on one side, the other still have the non-TSB 3 leaf (long story). Don't have the fund to get a new leaf pack. What are my options?
I would probably look into either trying to track down an additional TSB leaf (I wouldn't have a clue as to how hard that would be), or pull the one TSB out, but either way probably your cheapest option would be to install a 2 inch AAL from someone like Wheeler's Off Road (they are a vendor on this site), with the camper shell it will settle back down a bit probably to 1 1/2 inches.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucabi View Post

as soon as you have something imbalanced like this, your goal is
to get the correct parts and balance it out. trying to correct an
already incorrect setup, by throwing more 'patches' on top, may
end up with a dangerous vehicle handling scenario, especially with
an added load like a camper.

best advice...match up your suspension on both sides with equal
spring packs first.

no funds to do so ? gotta find some funds.

you may be able to strike a deal and nab some springs on the cheap,
or trade, or something.....
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
lucabi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
as soon as you have something imbalanced like this, your goal is
to get the correct parts and balance it out. trying to correct an
already incorrect setup, by throwing more 'patches' on top, may
end up with a dangerous vehicle handling scenario, especially with
an added load like a camper.

best advice...match up your suspension on both sides with equal
spring packs first.

no funds to do so ? gotta find some funds.

you may be able to strike a deal and nab some springs on the cheap,
or trade, or something.....

The weird thing about this is that the truck is level right now, its not leaning at all. I don't know how its doing that and there are no tags on the spring to know what the part number is.

The camper I was referring to is just an ARE topper or cap, whatever they called it.

Do you think it would be OK to just add another flat leaf on the 3 leaf pack and install AAL on both side?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Wait how do you have the tsb on one side only? Are you still under warranty? I would go to the dealership and try to get the tsb on both sides, then do AAL. If you want to keep the truck at stock height get some firestone riderite airbags to help handle the added weight
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
lucabi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Wait how do you have the tsb on one side only? Are you still under warranty? I would go to the dealership and try to get the tsb on both sides, then do AAL. If you want to keep the truck at stock height get some firestone riderite airbags to help handle the added weight
I didn't notice it till after the warranty was over with. It was the nearest dealer in town that would agree to do the TSB and I have had previous issue with them . I would not even trust them to vacumn my carpet now.

I have 5100 up front at 1.75 and its nose high after putting the topper on, just wanted to level it in the rear.

I'm going to call Toytec and Wheeler for recommendations.