Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein dilemma

Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein dilemma

So I have spacers on my 11 tx dc. And its time for Bilsteins. I have 265/75-16. Just pulled the trigger on raceline raptor wheels in 17x9 and want 265/70-17s. I have the tsb, so billies at 2.5 with or without tsb aal? Do I need the eibachs and top plates or will I sit level without? Mostly highway use but normal weekend wheeling. Help is much appreciated. And yes ive searched....for a week straight. So much my fiance hates re lol
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I believe you will sit level without the AAL. I have just the AAL and if I took my bilsteins to 2.5 that will definitely get to close.

Truest answer is going outside and measuring from ground to fender front and both. The eibach coils will make for a better ride, but that is only at 1.6" lift. unless you throw the .85" setting from the bilsteins with it.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry supposed to say hates tw.
And my confusion is because ive heard 1.75 with tsb is fine but I do flex hard a few times when I wheel (full droop). And ive heard setting at 2.5 makes for rough ride. And I dont want to get ucas yet due to budget. And ive heard ucas are required for eibachs with top plate.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah the 2.5 does make for a rougher ride. Thats why there is better alternatives out there for much smoother, yet stout ride. (C/O's, and taller coils such as OME and eibach) I still don't believe the 1.75 will make it sit level.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
North Georgia Member

So getting the eibachs,bullies at .85, and aal will be level but need ucas correct?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
North Georgia Member

Billies* stupid phone..
Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I would personally set the bilsteins with 1.75" and leave it. There for no need to worry about the UCA issues (alignment) If you had a bit of rake, it would be very minimal. I have read about crap that people said it did, and didn't lol...

But the UCA is a hit and miss for some reason... some people claim they have never needed them, yet some cannot even lift 2" without getting them.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
North Georgia Member

Hmm. I just dont want fender clearance issues with 1.75 and 265/70-17s
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
North Georgia Member

Bump
Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #11
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoXtreme View Post
Hmm. I just dont want fender clearance issues with 1.75 and 265/70-17s
You could fit that size on the stock suspension.. I think youll be ok
Old 02-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #12
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
I think 1.75 would get you close enough to level without the AAL. I think that TX has the progressive springs like the OR, and I personally wouldn't preload those springs more than the 0.85 setting. Having a decent ride and performance is more important to me than looking perfectly level.

I ran the normal springs at 0.85 with the TSB rear and was nearly level.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #13
North Georgia Member

Will i be ok for a few months with no uca and Billies/eibachs at .85?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
Every truck is different but my personal experience with 5100's @0, Eibachs and toytec 3/4" spacer was fine. No uca's needed.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #15
North Georgia Member

I wanna have room for flex. Yet no empty wheel wells. 275/70-17s a good choice for Bilstein/eibachs setup?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
I think 275/70/17's (32.4") are perfect for 2.5" of lift.That's the size I went with. What's nice is they fit without the need of cutting or trimming.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
North Georgia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2011sr5 View Post
I think 275/70/17's (32.4") are perfect for 2.5" of lift.That's the size I went with. What's nice is they fit without the need of cutting or trimming.
Any issues scrubbing with flex? And the only prob with that is you can only get sts bfgs or mtrs in that size for mud tires.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #18
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 02-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #19

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoXtreme View Post
Any issues scrubbing with flex? And the only prob with that is you can only get sts bfgs or mtrs in that size for mud tires.
No issues with rub when flexed, and yeah the biggest draw back is your limited in choices. I'm running Goodyear at/s tires. When it comes time to get new tires I think I'll try 255/80/17 which is yet another size with limited options.