1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just needing confirmation…direction

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by lemieux, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Feb 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    lemieux

lemieux [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lemieux
    Winterpeg, Manitoba Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD
    Toytec 3" lift (shocks, struts, UCA, leaf pack), tool box, tonneau cover, bike rack and basket...
    i have an '09 tacoma TRD with a (excuse the technical talk if i "F" this up) front coil spacers and a rear add-a-leaf. ride is harsh and my alignment is off. I'm wanting to correct this.

TRD model comes standard with Bilsteins but with the spacer i have reduced travel (correct?). i'm thinking i should go: front coilovers (this includes shock and spring correct?) and UCA (total chaos - to correct alignment problems). will also replace rear shock and springs too - just not sure with what. will be following up with Toytec and local lift shop. just wanna follow up with the good people on the forum first.

...new shocks and springs all around with UCAs - right way to go for 3 inches? Bilstein 5100 and 885 coils or coilover kit. is there a coilover kit for rear?

appreciate helpful comments.

2. Feb 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Da big big island!
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    All pro 3 link SAS kit, Diamond axle, kings on 37" MTR/K
    Sounds good. Billy 5100 seems to be the most common lift around here.
    No coilover kit for the rear. Just leaf springs. You can go with an add a leaf (AAL) or a whole new leaf pack. New leaf pack should last longer too. an AAL will sag eventually.

Products Discussed in

To Top