Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I need help with uniball replacement

Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
extrmsob293 is on a distinguished road
extrmsob293's Tacoma Gallery
I need help with uniball replacement

I need to replace the uniball on my camburg UCA but I don't have the retaining ring plier and a press... I tried it with the plier that I bought at harbor freight and it didn't work. If anyone live around Anaheim area and has tools please help me... I'm almost done getting my suspension together
Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
They are easy to press out with the right tools. with that said, you should be able to bring the arms to any automotive machine shop local to your area to have them swap them out..shouldn't charge too much for it.

I just did mine earlier in the week and took less then an hour to remove and reinstall the UCA's.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
i called around and they want $20 per side which is alot for me all i need is the snap ring plier to take the snap ring off. I can press it out with my big C-clamp at home . Someone let me borrow this tool please
Old 02-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
go buy one from home depot
Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
they're about 150 for the whole set haha
Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Harbor freight will have a pair for less then ten bucks...
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
I tried that already, there was too much tension for the plier and I think the plier was bent. Someone help me out here
Old 02-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
A good set of pliers will run you what its going to cost for someone to just do it for you. I paid like $160 or something dumb for a matco set.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
Power Top

Go to Sears and buy a pair..you can get what you need for under twenty bucks..
Old 02-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Go to Sears and buy a pair..you can get what you need for under twenty bucks..
My snap ring pliers from Sears that I got in the mid 1980's are still going strong. I may have bent them a little bit, but I worked on a lot of Chevy 3/4 and 1 ton drivetrains. Use them correctly and carefully and they'll last a lifetime.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
Man I'm broke and I'm just trying to borrow some tools not actually buying the tools. I'm a college student and I don't have a lot of money
Old 02-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrmsob293 View Post
Man I'm broke and I'm just trying to borrow some tools not actually buying the tools. I'm a college student and I don't have a lot of money
Sears > harbor freight anyday I just don't have the money to buy it
Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #13
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Walk into autozone with the arms and see if they have the snap ring pliers there that you could use real quick.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If you come up with nothing, I live in Yucca Valley. You can make the drive in another car if your truck is all apart. Not sure where you are at.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #15
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
If you come up with nothing, I live in Yucca Valley. You can make the drive in another car if your truck is all apart. Not sure where you are at.
Thanks but I guess it is a far drive from Anaheim to your place
Old 02-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
Yea you would be looking at 2 hrs.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Yea you would be looking at 2 hrs.
I went to Oreilly yesterday and one of the employee helped me took them out . Now I will sand down the arms and repaint them black since they were chrome plated
Old 02-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #18
Power Top

Chorme plated?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
Lots of sanding to get down to a good base through the chrome.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see pics of said chrome plated UCAs