Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Back to stock

Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
Mototoy is on a distinguished road

Name: Casey
Mototoy's Tacoma Gallery
Back to stock

Have a 2009 Quadcab TRD Offroad that I bought with a Procomp lift on it. Wondering what all I'd need to round up to put it back to stock. Seems like It would be best to find someone on here that had all the stock stuff that came off. Local 4x4 shop suggested I just buy a new truck
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...a-marketplace/

make thread there about what you want to buy, im sure alot around here have those parts sitting around. if cant find here then go ebay

id guess youll need front shocks w/ assembled coils, rear shocks, stock leaf pack and stock uca's for starters
Old 02-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a new truck, that's funny
Old 02-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of stock parts in the BST thread. You can get them off someone who just lifted a new truck too. My stock bilsteins, front coils and UCAs are coming off this weekend, and I have less than 3000 miles on my truck. Not that i'm gonna sell them anytime soon, just for example
Also, If it does has aftermarket UCAs, you can still run them at stock height. No real need to change them.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #5
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
prob wouldve held off on buying the truck until i found one not lifted if i were you.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
Mototoy is on a distinguished road

Name: Casey
Mototoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
prob wouldve held off on buying the truck until i found one not lifted if i were you.
I bought it specifically because it was lifted and had big wheels and tires about a year ago. I love the truck and how it looks just not thrilled with 12 mpg anymore. I'm not looking for retrospective suggestions mainly due to the fact that I haven't mastered time travel. I'm pretty sure if I knew I would want it stock someday I would have went with your suggestion. Thanks for your input, although it was downright awful.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mototoy View Post
I bought it specifically because it was lifted and had big wheels and tires about a year ago. I love the truck and how it looks just not thrilled with 12 mpg anymore. I'm not looking for retrospective suggestions mainly due to the fact that I haven't mastered time travel. I'm pretty sure if I knew I would want it stock someday I would have went with your suggestion. Thanks for your input, although it was downright awful.
HA!!

Ya just troll B/S/T. There are stock parts for sale there all the time, and much cheaper than new OEM.

Another thought would be to offer up a parts trade. I'm sure there's someone out there who would love a lift, wheels and tires and wouldn't mind trading parts... Post it in 2nd gen B/S/T
Old 02-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mototoy View Post
You don't have to go back to stock, you can re gear, get smaller tires, maf calibrator, change plugs/diff fluid...